Thursday, April 2, 2009

All things Westminster

Here I go...a new blog. I'm starting this off more to keep me motivated than for any other reason. I'm an avid Kaffe Fassett fan (and anyone attached to that Westminster mob...Brandon, Amy, Philip, and now (yay) Kim McLean. I love their amazing use of colour and in particular the way they find vintage quilts and make them contemporary. Kim's quilt designs are full of applique and I will be posting pics of some of her quilts that I will be making. For now I will leave you with a look at a Kaffe pattern I used called Wheel of Fortune. I paper pieced this quilt, then machine quilted it. I was quite sad to finish it as the colours are very fun to work with.

12 comments:

alobsiger said...

Hi Cathy! Congrats on your new blog! I adore your Wheel of Fortune quilt!! The colors are just gorgeous!!

Stephanie said...

Amy sent me. Love Kaffe especially. GORGEOUS quilt. Now I have you bookmarked so can follow your wonderful creations.

Nedra said...

Welcome to blogland Cathy! Amy shared your new site with us. I've put you on my sidebar. You know I love anything Kaffe too, and I will be watching all of your lovely creations.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Beautiful! Stunning! Bravo. Amy sent me. Glad she did.

Andi said...

I'll be watching to see how your adventures progress.
A fabulous start.
Andi :-)

Janet said...

Blogging gets you motivated for sure, I love the quilt you've shown and I'm in the slow process of doing lollypop trees and Princess feather! I'll look forward to seeing more.

Bloom said...

Welcome to the land of blog Cathy! You're bound to have a great time. And judging by your first post, your blog is going to keep us all motivated, as well as you! The Kaffe quilt is stunning.

imquilternity said...

I too found you as a result of Amy. I'm a big time Kaffe lover. He has revolutionized the quilting fabric world I think. I'm a subscriber from now on!

pamina said...

Welcome in blogland ! Your quilt is wonderful !

Jessica said...

lovely! can't wait to see more of your colorful quilts~
Jessica in New York

ranette said...

Welcome...your quilt is just awesome. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to sometimes be sorry to finish a quilt. I do miss them when I'm done working on them.

mamaspark said...

This quilt is just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing. I have a quilting friend that wants to make a lone star in Kaffe fabrics so I will direct her here to see yours. I have also put you on my sidebar of my blog. Welcome to the blogosphere!!