Saturday, April 25, 2009

Favourite Quilt

Park City Girl is having an online quilt show...what a fabulous idea!! If you need any inspiration, head over to her blog, there are currently 590 favourite quilts listed there (I will be one of the last ones!).

My favourite would have to be the quilt I first blogged about, my version of Kaffe Fassetts Wheel of Fortune Quilt. I had so much fun making this one. It was paper pieced which was mainly done at night in front of the telly!


Then I quilted it in free motion quilting on my domestic sewing machine. I had fun changing the threads to match the colour of the block I was quilting. I've mainly used stipple, clamshell, circles and straight line stitching. This quilt gave me a lot of satisfaction to make.

On the back I used Kaffe's mosaic fabric. I could look at that design for days, there is so much gorgeous detail.

As quilters, we put a lot of effort into each quilt we make, but some quilts do become more of a favourite than others. This one is mine....do you have a favourite?

28 comments:

Karen said...

How beautiful and colourful and I love the fabric on the back.

Zonnah said...

I love it! So beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Love the fabrics and pattern. Gorgeous quilt.

Brenda said...

fun colours. thanks for sharing it.

Joanne said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Love how colourful it is. Great job!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love all the colors/fabrics in there :) Thanks for sharing!

Quilt Rat said...

Great quilt love the way the checks and dots work together.very playful. Well Done!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow what a stunning quilt. It really radiates with color. Thanks for sharing.

jean said...

Cathy

What a lovely quilt, it smiles.I have always loved those stars, no matter what fabric the quilter chooses they always seem to sparkle

Sarah said...

That is gorgeous, well done!

Nedra said...

You know I love anything Kaffe. And Heather Purcell (owner of Superior Threads) would be so proud of you for swithching threads to match the colors on the top of your quilt. She teaches that concept in classes, and said it's something quilt judges look for now.

alobsiger said...

Beautiful! And the backing fabric is indeed fantastic! Quilts aren't like children that are loved equally. In fact, some of mine, I don't like so much anymore. ;-)

stitchinpenny said...

Love the backing fabric and the piecing is fantastic.

Jackie said...

What a fantastic quilt! I've never seen the pattern before and I love what you did with it.

Maree said...

I came accross your blog from Linen & Raspeberry...Fabulous Work you Do...right up my Alley so to speak...Love Kim Mclean & am Very Inspired after seeing both blogs to get going on one...saw her Exhibiton at last years Quilt show in Sydney....Beautiful Quilt you have there in kaffee's fabrics...
will be back soon
cheers

Sara said...

Very pretty quilt - I am so enjoying this quilt festival!!!

SewCalGal said...

Very cheerful quilt. You did a great job.
I love it!

Thanks so much for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Serena said...

Wow such a beautiful quilt! I love the bright colors and love those fabrics. Great work!!

Christa Irell said...

Paper-pieced? Wow, I am impressed! Paper-piecing is not for the faint-hearted! You did a lovely job!

Toni said...

I am a great fan of any quilt that includes Kaffe's fabrics!

aneela said...

Wow Cathy I can see why this quilt is a favourite. I adore all the different quilt patterns you did, you really are a talented lady!!

Doina said...

I like your quilt!

yarnahoy said...

love the blue & beige! very artistic.

Michelle said...

Wow! That quilt is fantastic!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Great quilt! your quilting is fun and I think it's great you like to change thread colors...

Vicki said...

what a great quilt. I really like this design.

Marilyn said...

I can see why it is your favorite. What a fun and beautiful quilt!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Favorite quilts include the ones beloved aunts made. Your quilts are beautiful!