Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I came across a quilt competition recently with the theme 'circles'. I have wanted to make a circle quilt for a long time, so I decided to have a go. I came up with this quilt which I have called Eccentric Concentrics. I didn't end up with the quilt in the competition as didn't send it in in time, however I had a lot of fun creating it and appliqueing all those circles!I quilted it in stipple and swirls and circles all the while loving the Kaffe Fassett florals and spots, and the Amy Butler spots. Each fabric has a spot or circle on it somewhere.
I had so much fun with this quilt I decided to put some applique on the back of it too. Doesn't the Kaffe Fassett 'Targets' fabric jump out at you?Kaffe's 'Big Blooms' fabric makes lovely applique flowers. I love the look the quilting makes on the back of the quilt.I hope you have a wonderful Easter. My heart is always thankful as I remember what Jesus has done for me.

13 comments:

Fix Design said...

Wow, I love the colours!

qusic said...

great design, yeah, the targets jump at me but I am not afraid since I love this fabric as much as you seem to. Happy easter! love your colour and fabic choices and will visit you often:)

Andi said...

Stunning quilt.

Faith said...

Wow I love it, what a great idea about the circles, its ashame youve missed the competitions but never mind you have created something full of circles there, gorgeousxx

alobsiger said...

What a FUN quilt, Cathy! Exuberant! I imagine it was great fun to make too. Now, do tell us what is hiding underneath. :-)

lesthook said...

Oh how pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hugs from Kentucky! I love your circle quilt. What a neat idea! We have a wonderful, marvelous Savior. kelley

ranette said...

What a wonderful quilt...very fun and I love the quilting!

Karen said...

I love it! What a wonderful quilt. The fabric is so bright and happy. I too have a thing for circles and making a circle quilt is on my To-Do list.

lil said...

so glad I found you, so many fun and bright quilts to look at

imquilternity said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so creative! I love it.

amitietextiles said...

Pitty about that Cathy, it looks wonderful. We missed your entry!!

Jenny said...

oh my...this is amazing. I love all the spots...amazing...maybe now I know what to mix with Kaffe..AB spots!