Friday, April 10, 2009

Tea Pot Clothes

The weather here in Melbourne is starting to get a little cooler, the skies a little gloomier as we move closer to winter. Nothing better than curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea. I bought these Denby teapots last year and get a lot of enjoyment out of them. I looked around for ages wondering what sort of tea cosies I could dress them with. I debated knitting some cosies, but I am a fairly lazy knitter and most of the patterns seemed too complicated. I didn't want to buy a cosy, as I thought there has to be something I can make.


Eventually, after trolling through pages and pages of googled websites, I found a picture of a quilted cosy. The blue and white jugs fabric I had in my stash (a few years old, I can't even remember where it came from), came in very handy. Some blue check on the inside, cotton wadding in the middle, some simple straight quilting lines and a navy binding was all it took. Very quick and easy, done in an afternoon.


Now I can enjoy a cup of tea, knowing that my second cup of tea will be just as hot as the first!

On another note, I'm very excited...I just found out I won a giveaway from the beautiful Linen and Raspberry blog! When it arrives, I will show you all what I have won. Thank you Jean.

5 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cathie,
I found your blog through Linda and so glad I did. Your work is beautiful. I'll be back to see what all you're working on.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

comfortstitching said...

Love how you quilted your cosies, those straight lines look great! and how everything in your pics has a bit of blue in it, even your book matches! Happy reading and drinking!

Janet said...

Lovely cosie, perhaps I should do something like that since I still haven't gotton around to a knitted one even though I have heaps of patterns. Thanks for the idea.

Stephanie said...

Linda at All Stitched Up sent me. What a lovely blog. Oh how I love your tea clothes. I love ALL things tea.

alobsiger said...

Lovely--your cuppa looks so inviting. Love your Denby! Their clothes are wonderful--that polka dot on the edge is heavenly.