Saturday, May 9, 2009

Framed Fabrics

I went through a stage where I wanted to show off some of the beautiful Kaffe fabrics I was getting in the mail (bought online!), without having to spend the time making the quilt first. I went to a couple of local op shops and found some cheap frames which I painted antique white.

I fussy cut the fabric I wanted to show off, backed it with some of the small pieces of wadding you find you have lying around, and stretched it over the frame, sticking it down with packing tape.

I am quite happy with the results. And if I get sick of looking at the fabric I have chosen, I can easily pull it off and replace it with a new piece.

A simple, cheap project with nice results.

15 comments:

imquilternity said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! Of course, I love your choice of fabrics. :))

qusic said...

great idea to indulge in some lovely prints, I love those flower baskets verrrry much:)

Isa said...

Great idea, I like the dark one very much.

Lizzie said...

What a great idea Cathy, it looks so good, renewable art work, I love it.

Stephanie said...

Simply beautiful! A gorgeous and inexpensive way to decorate.

Karen said...

A very unique idea!

Maree said...

Gorgeous Fabrics..Great Idea..they look Fab.!!
cheers

Nedra said...

Love those Kaffes!

Karen said...

Very clever! They look beautiful!

Bronwyn said...

Love the first frame - really unique - and the white framed fabric against the dark wall is fab!

Janet said...

What a great way to enjoy those favourite prints. I love the first frame. Simply gorgeous.

comfortstitching said...

Genius idea, the simpliest ideas are always the best!!

Jodi@SimplyThisThat n.. said...

Just found your blog and what a great idea! Love it. ooxx`jodi

ivyarts said...

Great idea! I never tire of looking at my fabrics and this would help me see them more often.

cathleen said...

These are exquisite! What a truly fabulous and original idea.