Saturday, May 16, 2009

Most helpful thingy

I thought I would show you something that I have found to be very useful in my stitching endeavours over the years. Something simple, something easy to make....it's my rubbish bin/pin holder thingy!!

I got this idea from somewhere years ago, and decided I needed to make one. It has been so handy. You start with a small cylinder of 'Pringles' chips.

First, you eat the chips!!! Then, wipe out the crumbs and cut a small hole in the lid. Place lid on the cylinder and 'voila' you have your own rubbish bin/pin holder thingy!!!

I take this little bin with me wherever I take my stitching, on holidays, to a friends house, at the doctors....and I will always have some spare pins, needles, and a place to put my stitching rubbish.

On another note I am currently trying to design a hexagon quilt at the moment, which is why I haven't been doing much sewing lately. You can read about it here....I made a bit of a mess of it, but I think of on the right track now!

Also, I don't really want to tell you, because I want to win it, but I will be nice and share....if you hop over to Aneela's blog you may still have the chance to enter her competition. She is giving away a QUILT!! for her 100th post. How generous, and a beautiful quilt it is, so go check it out.

Don't forget, if you want the chance to win 25cm each of these fabrics, leave your comment here.

13 comments:

Lizzie said...

Sometimes it's the simple things that work the best, really good idea Cathy.
Hugs, lizzie

Janet said...

I love that you're sharing a tip. That's a good one for on the go. I checked out your hexy project and it looks like a complex one. It's going to be great and I love all the blues.

Hrönnsa said...

What a fab idea! I'm eating pringles today!

Andi said...

Mmmmmm. Pringles!!

Karen said...

I think you should patent your "thingy" before someone else does. It is a very high tech item and everyone will want one.

Jackie said...

Definitely have to eat the Pringles first! Great idea!! I just love your hexie quilt, fabulous design!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a great idea. I'm off to get some Pringles. What are you doing beneath the can? It looks interesting. Applique??

Gwendie said...

Well, they said it all already! It really is a great idea - Pringles or any other container. I'll have to go raid my recycling bin!

comfortstitching said...

What a great excuse to eat more pringles and improve your sewing life!

Karen said...

Clever idea and eating the Pringles first will not be a problem. :)

clare's craftroom said...

What a great idea and I just happen to love pringles , lucky ay ?

Jackie said...

What a clever idea! A great way to reuse somethng!

tango's trash & treasures said...

What a great idea! So simple & recycled!
Thank you for the chance to win your beautiful fabrics!