Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A glimpse of lovely weather

My parents are visiting us at the moment all the way from Brisbane (about 1,700kms away for anyone who doesn't live in Australia!). Yesterday we had an absolutely gorgeous Melbourne day...rather unusual at this time of the year. We decided to go for a walk at the new Martha Cove estate nearby. It's an estate that is built around a canal with very large and expensive houses. They have put a lovely timber walkway into the estate so you can park your car at one end, and walk for a long way beside the canal. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

As you can see, the weather was perfect, the water crystal clear and the reflections from the houses and boats remind me of jigsaw puzzles! It was a lovely morning and so nice to catch up with my folks who I haven't seen since September last year.

Mum and I have been busy knitting....she is making a scarf, and I'm finishing off some socks, so I will try and remember to take some photo's. Still not much quilting going on around here!!!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

So I'm guessing there are parts of Australia that don't get cold while other parts of the country get wintry. Same as in the US? Gorgeous day, pretty photos.

Jackie said...

It does look like you have a gorgeous day! Some day I would like to go to Australia, it just looks so lovely. Beautiful photos.

Nedra said...

Beatiful scenery. Have a wonderful time with your parents.

karenfae said...

looks like a pretty place to visit - Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

amy said...

Oh, that water looks gorgeous...so still and pretty! Have fun, Cathy!

Joan Heinrich Callaway said...

What a pretty place to spend time catching up with your parents. Glad you are taking the time to enjoy their visit. Quilting can wait. I should know -- some of my projects have been waiting a loooooooong time :).

Janet said...

A picture is worth a thousand words. Fun day I hope.

comfortstitching said...

The water in these pictures is amazing!! So crystal clear, I don't think I've ever seen water look so clean!!!!!
Hope you're having a great time catching up with your parents!

Rafael's Mum said...

gorgeous day. so nice to see what it looks like! thanks for sharing. it reminds me, I must take some more pictures from around here and put them on! Thanks!