Friday, July 10, 2009

Background Quilt part 2

Kaffe Fassett's Morning Garden Quilt is the second quilt that I often use in the background for my applique photo's. I bought this one in kit form also and had a lot of fun playing with the gorgeous colours that Kaffe had put together. You can find the pattern for this one in Kaffe's book Kaleidoscope of Quilts.

The colours in this quilt are so fresh and crisp and sparkly they always reminds me of spring. I kept the quilting fairly simple here too....a bit more squared off spiral quilting in a few random squares...

...some stipple on the rest of the blocks....

...and some loopy loops on the border!

I loved the grey foliage fabric in the border so much I wanted to put that into the backing of the quilt, however I didn't have enough yardage, so I added two other fabrics with it and made up a stripey back.

I love how the quilting shows through on the back of the quilt in pretty patterns.

This quilt sits on my sideboard at home next to my dining table and offsets my blue and white Burleigh ware jugs perfectly.

I look at it everyday and appreciate the wonderful colours and patterns that are captured in a quilt, the creativity that goes into designing wonderful fabrics and quilts, and, once again, I am thankful that I am a quilter!




19 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I don't know what I like more: the beautiful floral quilt, the Burleigh jugs, the white mini dresser, the thick white roses! Of course I like the quilt the most - but the rest are a close finish!!

Martina said...

Yes, and I am glad for all your sharing. It is so great just to see all those wonderful quilts, just looking at them.So great, thanks

wishes, true and kind said...

Oh, I've always loved that quilt in your photos. It's nice to see some close ups. So pretty! Love the back!

Janet said...

Its great that you have shown the whole quilt, I love it and that pattern is on my must do list. Isn't the cabbage print the best, one of my favourites.

Andi said...

Love! Love! Love!

Nedra said...

Once again...love those Kaffe's!

Jackie said...

The back is as lovely as the front. I just love how it sits on your table, just beautiful!

shellysquilts said...

Beautiful quilt. Well done!

alobsiger said...

So gorgeous, Cathy! The quilt looks so wonderful on your sideboard with your wall color and the jugs--it looks like a painting!

Kelly said...

That quilt is stunning! I love the back too!

Claudia said...

It's gorgeous! I love the soft colors and your quilting - it adds wonderful texture.

imquilternity said...

What a lovely "kaffe" quilt with gorgeous quilting! It looks wonderful against the wall color in your dining area too.

Janet said...

I'm in awe of the quilting. You made the Kaffe fabrics even better.

The Quilt Buddy said...

Hello and nice to meet you!

I love everything that you have done! Can't wait to see more.

Maree said...

Cathy another Gorgeous Quilt...I so Love where you have it placed.. it looks Great...Love you Little Collection above it..Yum.!
cheers

Rafael's Mum said...

That is a lovely quilt Cathy! I love it.. makes me want to me a kit too, on top of everything else.....

Artfulife said...

So beautiful!

amandajean said...

gorgeous!!! i have about 6 kaffe fassett books out from the library right now and i've drooled over every one of them. the quilt you made is a beauty!!!

Jenny said...

I love how these beautiful fabrics make a relatively simple quilt pattern just shine...wow your quilting is really fantastic.