The quilt top is done. In the end I went with setting the Goose in the Pond blocks on point, lining them all up and framing them with my favourite Jennifer Paganelli fabric of all time - blue Carole.
I'm rather happy with how it turned out. This layout has meant I have been able to show off a large amount of the gorgeous Alexander Henry bird fabric.
The Goose in the Pond blocks were a lot of fun to cut up and make, although they were rather time consuming. It took about 20 minutes to cut out the fabric for each individual block, and then another 30 minutes to sew up each block. I made 4 the first day, then 3 over the next 2 days.
This one has a stained glass window effect happening with the sun behind it.
I would definately use this layout again, although in a smaller size next time, this quilt is king size!!!
The colours in this quilt make me feel very restful.
I know I'm going to enjoy looking at these birds and watching these 'geese' for a long time to come. xo