Thursday, July 23, 2009

Craft Fair

I had a wonderful time at the Melbourne craft fair. Many amazing quilts on display, such beautiful hand and machine work. I was able to meet up with 9 other bloggers which was just fabulous to meet the people behind the blogs!

L to R: Rita from Red Pepper Quilts(front) and her sister Karen (in red), who had an amazing quilt at the show which won a prize (check out red pepper I'm sure she will put it up on her blog), Lurline (front) from Lurline's Place all the way from W.A, Muriel from Yellow Roses (standing), me in green, Kate (front) from One Flew Over, Bronwyn (standing) from Whippet Good and Andi from Patch Andi who put out the call to meet in the first place and I'm so glad she did! Lizzie from A House in the Country, and her friend met some of us a little later....phew, that's a long list of awesome quilters to meet!

Unlike Patch Andi who came home with a beautiful haul (those books look great Andi), I didn't end up buying much. I couldn't resist a gorgeous apron pattern designed by Louise Papas that Jenny from Amitie was selling, and I bought 2 pieces of fabric from her too.

Isn't the brown fabric with pears just gorgeous?

I have come home all inspired and motivated to make more quilts, and of course, finish off part 3 of the needleturn applique sharing, coming soon!!

12 comments:

One Flew Over said...

Lovely to meet you Cathy and that apron is a great buy!!!

Julia said...

Lovely to see my friend Lurline there..You girls look like you all had so much fun...wish I could have been there..
Julia ♥

sewpam63 said...

Glad you had such a FUN time! There's nothing like a Quilt Show and a group of quilting friends!!! : )

Andi said...

It was great to meet you, Cathy.
Let me know next time you're over at Amitie and I'll try to meet up.
ANdi :-)

Jackie said...

What fun meeting up with all the bloggy friends. What better place could you have done it too.

Christine said...

Oh you meet my dear friend Lurline,how wonderful, I did check out the flights. Maybe next year instead off sydney

cheers
Christine

alobsiger said...

What a great meet-up of talented quilty people! Yea! That's an awfully cute apron too. The fabrics are lovely too -- the pears are wonderful but an interesting orange dot is im-pear-ative. :-)

Bronwyn said...

Hi Cathy - thanks so much for inviting me to meet up with you and everyone! What a lovely start to the morning - glad you got your apron pattern - are you doing it in the pear fabric or some Kaffe? I actually bumped into Louise later at the show - she's great! I think another meet up would be lovely - what do you think? I didn't get any pictures - would you mind if I borrowed your group photo -and link back to you of course!

Chookyblue...... said...

it is so great meet up with other bloggers........

Lizzie said...

Hi Cathi, it was lovely to meet you, Bronwyn and Lurline yesterday, I'm sorry we didn't get there early enough to meet the others, maybe next time.
You did well with that pear fabric it's adorable, I shall show you my loot after tomorrow. Sshhh, don't tell anyone, I'm off back for another look tomorrow. There are a couple of things I want to pick up.
Big Hugs, lizzie
XX

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What fun to meet all those lovely bloggers in person! I always love the Amitie stand when they are at the Perth Fair - your polka dot and pear fabrics look lovely!

Coco Belle said...

How lovely that you bought my apron pattern!! I was at the show just after lunch so I missed out on meeting everyone. Looks like you all had great fun. I loved seeing all the gorgeous old quilts on display and spent too much money of course!