Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Again!

Thanks to all who wished us a wonderful time away....it truly was just that!!! The house in Anglesea was great, right near the ocean with fabulous walks and views.

Walking along the beach we came across a tall, long fence, perhaps it was built to stop the water eroding the cliffs behind it....I just loved the shapes and patterns it made!

Isaac loved to run up the sand dunes (oh for that energy!!), and fly down them again.

Lots of Moonah trees grow in the area, we thought they looked like a forbidden forest, only enter if you dare!!

Our teenage sons (Josh, in red on the left is my son, Tom on the right is our friends' son), serenaded us with songs they had written themselves...a very talented pair.

I bought a lovely little hand painted jug in Anglesea.

I didn't take the sewing machine this trip, however there is always plenty of handwork to be done. Basting hexagons and making up hexagon flowers was a very relaxing part of my time away. This one is all English paper pieced, no machine sewed half hexies here!!!

I am very happy with the fabric in the large centre hexagon of this quilt, and the blue and white check surrounding it (all Kaffe Fassett fabrics, of course!).

I also got a little more done on this one.

Wow, this is turning out to be quite a long post....anyone would think we had a lovely time away!!!! Now I am home it's straight back to the sewing machine to work on quilting my raspberry and aqua half hexies quilt. Luckily, I don't have to go back to work until next week!!

14 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Just gorgeous Cathy! Love the blue hexagon one - just my colours -and the green cabbages - oh my! We were down your way last weekend and the beautiful winter sun was so warming and the bay beach so good - life is good in Melbourne don't you think?? Love the young men playing their guitars shot - with two girls of my own, I often hope for lovely partners in life for them - but they have to live up to the high standard set by their father LOL!

Lizzie said...

Glad that you had a happy, relaxing time away Cathy, Anglesea is always a great place to visit, big hugs, lizzie

Dee said...

More great photos Cath. Good looking boys you have. Your hexy quilt is coming on so well. You didn't mention the spattering it just missed! (thankfully!)

Sew Many Ways... said...

I've been away from blogging for a little bit, but happy to hear you had a wonderful time. The pictures of the beach are beautiful. I just love your blue hexie quilt. How big are your hexagons in this one and how big is the piece going to be? Love the fabrics. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I'm on vacation this week too...finishing up house projects, but maybe I can sew a little too.
~Karen~

karenfae said...

looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing the photo's it is always great to see where others go on vacation. I love that fence!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nedra said...

Welcome home. I felt like I had experienced a mini vacation through you. Don't you love teenage boys and their friends and music? We have a lot of that going on here too. So fun.
Your hexagons are turning out beautifully. I'm enjoying seeing the projects out of Kaffe's.

Maree said...

Glad to hear you had a Great Time...Lovely sewing you are doing...
cheers

clare's craftroom said...

Glad you had such a good break . I really love those fence photos .

wishes, true and kind said...

It looks like you had a great time and still managed to be very productive with your handwork! I love the Kaffe hexagon quilt in blue, and the jug you found looks wonderful on the Kaffe fabric. The flowers on it would make a lovely applique.

Terrie Sandelin said...

The photos look lovely. The hexagon quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

Karen said...

Love what you are working on and Anglesea looks like a lovely place to visit.

Gwendie said...

Looks like a really fun vacation! The pictures are wonderful.

Kelly said...

What a beautiful place to holiday! I'm loving your quilts!

comfortstitching said...

Gosh you are so busy, even on your holidays!! I love your paper pieced hexagons!! Those blues work a treat together!!