Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home Again, home again, jiggety jig!

Thank you for your wonderful wishes for our little trip away to Wilsons Prom, we had a fabulous time with our dear friends.

I was deciding whether or not to bore you with our happy snaps....I could show you some of the wildlife we saw there...

....the wombats that just wander around the cabins and tents minding their own business (and sometimes everyone else's business, they can be quite nosy)

...the kangaroos that come to say hi

...the laughing kookaburra's with their beautiful plumage and sharp beaks

...the show off rosella's

Or, I could show you Isaac (our son) and Sam (his mate) who had a fabulous time running around on the beach and under, over and through the rocks, getting wet and dirty, just as boys do!

Sam & Isaac

Or I could show you some of the aftermath of the fires that roared through here last summer (just devastating)....

In some areas the trees are still totally blackened with not much regrowth (shy little wallaby in here)...

In a lot of places though, the regrowth has started, these grass trees have popped up everywhere...

I could show the beautiful, rugged coastline of the Prom, with its orange tinted rocks and sparlking green and white waves.

Or I could show you what we sat down to at 5 o'clock each day for some storytelling and lots of laughs with our friends (ah, hard life)!

But then I decided, no, this is supposed to be a quilt blog, I will just show you my hexagon quilt I was working on....!!!!

I will say though, in a few days away a LOT happens in blogland! Mrs Schmenkman has been given a personally signed copy of Kaffe's new book from Sarah (that Kathy is selling right now), Janet has a brand new Grandson (congrats J), and there are SO MANY wonderful new quilts out there, how busy and productive everyone has been. I love the inspiration and motivation I find from visiting all your wonderful blogs...thank you xo

27 comments:

Emi said...

-Beautiful pictures. Congratulations for your blog.

FROM COSTA RICA.

Lurline said...

Who says our Blogland is for quilts only!
I love your holiday and wildlife pics and hope everyone overseas really enjoys them, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

One Flew Over said...

A visual feast of all things Australian! Looks like you had a fab time x

BUMBLE BEANS said...

looks like a nice trip! Wjhy c an I not get my hexagon quilt finished!!! Yours is fabulous, that should inspire me... I love that big center block!!
sigh.* one day.

alobsiger said...

What beautiful photos, Cathy! Such lovely things to look at and do (and eat!)! Your hexagon quilt is looking splendid!!! :-)

Andi said...

Looks like a wonderland of aussie animals!! My kids would be jealous.
Glad you had fun.
Welcome back!
Andi :-)

SewCalGal said...

Thank you for sharing insights thru your lovely photos. I really enjoyed hearing how regrowth is happening in your area. Not something that makes it on WW news. I'd also love to hear insights on how those, who lost their homes are doing. I hope well, but I'd like to hear either way (should you be willing to share insights).

For the beautiful red bird photo (rosella's ?) is that really a wild bird? So colorful. All the animals & birds are truly delightful. And your kids are cute too.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Janet said...

Not boring at all Cathy, the photos are great and bloggers overseas will love the little peek at the Australian wildlife. Of course I love how the hexagon quilt is coming aong. Thanks for the good wishes.

Kaaren said...

What a wonderful post, Cathy...especially for those of us who live on a different continent. The photos that you shared were wonderful and I was honestly disappointed when they ended. The wildlife and scenery were breathtaking. Oh, and I almost forgot...so was your quilt!

Thamks for sharing.

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

What a wonderful little holiday you have had with the wildlife. Back to reality - you have been pumping out those hexagons, love the color by the way!

Rita

Terrie Sandelin said...

Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing. The wombats are kind of adorable and the quilt, of course, is stunning!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wonderful photos. I've enjoyed seeing pictures of your beautiful land and the different creatures. The quilt is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing.

wishes, true and kind said...

Well, even if it is a quilting blog, I still enjoyed the pictures of the animals, boys, scenery, food & wine. And all I can say about the hexagon quilt is -- oooo, ahhhh!

Nedra said...

Here in Southern Utah I've never seen the wild life you have. This is one of the things I love about our blog exchanges: we share so much of our individual cultures.
We are heading out tomorrow for our family vacation to Northern California. I'll share some of our area too.

Michell said...

Beautiful pictures...
The quilt looks awesome...

--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

Maree: said...

Looks like a Gorgeous Place..Good Food..Company & your Beautiful Quilt...Heaven.!
Glad you had a Good Time.
cheers

Kelly said...

Awww I LOVE wombats! so cute!! I love your quilt too, lovely colours!

Marls said...

Glad you had a great time.Thanks for sharing the photos-great to see some of the wildlife.
The quilt looks great-well done.

comfortstitching said...

Wow that hexagon quilt is a beauty, love all your snaps especially the wildlife, maybe I need a little trip away with my hex's!!!!

The Rabbit Factory said...

I've never seen a wombat before...they look sooo cute! Thanks for sharing your pictures and your fantastic hex quilt!

Cardygirl said...

Glad you had a great time...love all the pics...the quilt is looking good!

ranette said...

I love looking at all the "life" pictures. You really saw all of those animals in person???? The picture of the coastline actually brought tears to my eyes it was so pretty! Your son is a real cutie pie and the quilt is just wonderful as usual.

NanaKaren said...

I loved seeing your recent photos of the wildlife and scenery. Great hex quilt! Sounds like a wonderful getaway!

YankeeQuilter said...

That wombat is adorable! I'm not sure what I thought they would look like but that wasn't it...thanks for the photos.

Mama Spark said...

Your quilt is fabulous but the wildlife is amazing. so different from what we have here in the US. Welcome back!

Debbie in Chico/Sacto said...

Thank you for the pics. I especially love the wombat. Reminds me of the GIANT wombat stuffed animal that my son packed back home after our trip to Australia.

Robyn said...

You go girl!! I love all of those photos!!
What a fabulous place for all the wildlife to gather...
..and of course LOVE your quilt... you're on fire!! :D