Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chocolate wrapped in Kaffe!

It all started comparing favourite Ice cream flavours. Then Mrs Schmenkman told me her favourite chocolate flavour was Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt....to which I said I simply couldn't imagine that flavour - salt....and chocolate? So, she very generously sent me some to try....and yes, it is amazing! You should have seen us, hubby, no. 2 son and I sitting around this afternoon trying out this new taste sensation, what a laugh! But even better, Amy didn't wrap this beautiful chocolate in the usual postal wrapping like bubblewrap or little airbags, no, it came wrapped in wonderful new Kaffe fabric...yummmm!!!


Thanks for spoiling us Amy, the chocolate was delicious (we loved how the salt burst onto your tongue and tickled it as the chocolate melted silky smooth in your mouth!), and the fabric is scrummy. I will take my chocolate wrapped in Kaffe's any day! xo

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Yes, Yes, Yes a favorite combo of mine too!! A local place here sells dark chocolate covered caramels topped with sea salt, just wonderful. A little sweet, a little salty. But you can't get any better than having it wrapped all up in luscious Kaffe Fabrics. Can you???

YankeeQuilter said...

That sounds so good. A few years ago I went to a class teaching us to pair wine and chocolate...tough homework! I love chocolate and peanutbutter washed down with some hot coffee....a little kaffe on the side would be nice too...

Jenny said...

Ohh, that does indeed sound wonderful...both the chocolate and the Kaffe wrapping! Must look for that flavor.

Dee said...

What an awesome post to get in the mail! Lucky you! Thanks for sharing this with us!

The chocolate looks awesome and the fabric is gorgeous!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

ha! it seems Kaffe and chocolate go together! see my post today! (i say this while I chomp down the last bit of my Black pearl bar...)

wishes, true and kind said...

Chocolate wrapped in Kaffe!!! I'm speechless -- for a change!

joan

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

We had our first taste of chocolate and salt this fall... yummy!

Karen said...

Sounds yummy! Hope you didn't get any chocolate on your new fabric!

Andi said...

What a delicious gift!!

Cardygirl said...

Sounds good....love the fabric too!

thelastpiece said...

That Mrs Schmenkman got me addicted too, and NOW what do I do?? I can't find that chocolate here in AUS for love or money! Seems we all got Kaffe in the mail today though, I got an urgent yellow Hancocks bag full :)

Janet said...

What a perfect combo, both delicious by the sound of the chocolate. I'm sure Lindt will bring it out here, we have the Lindt cafes.

Kelly said...

Oh Yumm!! Both the fabric and chocolate!!

Rene' said...

Great combination!!! How thoughtful to wrap such wonderful chocolate in such a wonderful fabric. Lucky you!!!

sewpam63 said...

Sounds divine! ; )