Saturday, December 19, 2009



Brown Friday & Orange Saturday & Thank You!


Thank you so much for your wonderful Birthday wishes, I had a fabulous day. I have been working a lot so haven't had time to return comments personally, so I thank you here. I really appreciate your friendship and support, you made my birthday a very special one.


Yesterday I worked til late then had some great friends around for a beautiful Thai meal, so I ran out of time to write about the colour Brown. In any case, as I looked around my home I realised most of my brown was boring, like my old op shop brown loungechair, or my brown computer desk, nobody wants to see those! So I had decided to change the colour from brown to cream (although I don't really call cream a colour, more a tint really!!). A couple of years ago a lovely friend gave me this amazing Nativity scene from WillowTree. 

The figurines are simply gorgeous, made to look like woodcarvings, each piece has such personality.

Each year they sit on top of my piano (actually that's brown, but not in the pic!!), and serve to remind us of the real meaning behind Christmas.

For Orange Saturday, I just had to take a photo of the gorgeous orange and hot pink flowers hubby gave me for my birthday, stunning aren't they?
Also a pic of my wonderful old bobbin I found a little while ago, which holds some orange ribbons.
 

And, of course, some orangey fabric. The fabric on the left is another favourite Kaffe of mine, this fabric (August Rose) is an old one and you can't buy it now unfortunately. The fabric peeking through on the right is a newer fabric (Kirman), just as gorgeous. Kaffe's colours as usual are so saturated and glorious.

Only two colour days to go, thank you for coming along for a ride on the colour wheel with me, and thanks Kendall for hosting a fun, colourful exercise. I have almost completed the first border on my Love and Romance quilt so hope to get a photo up in the next few days. See you tomorrow xo




14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Cathy, sorry I missed it. Love the new quilt~! Can't wait to see the final product.

Jenny said...

We have the same nativity set and I love it too. so serene...and a nice representation of brown I would say. and of course, loving your orange Kaffe fabrics!

Nedra said...

It's fun to see color through your eyes.
Love those Kaffes.

paulette said...

I love your Nativity set- I just saw it in the store but it's not something that you buy yourself unless it is on sale....maybe Boxing Day Sale? You quilt is gorgeous!! Is it a quilt or runner that the figurines are on? Whatever it is, it's lovely!
Paulette

Giddy for Paisley said...

Your ribbon holder makes my heart skip a beat :)

Sue said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday post, I'm so glad you had a lovely day.
Your Kaffe is gorgeous.

Janet said...

Great photos Cathy! Your Nativity scene looks neat on the quilt. I am trying to locate a special one I have. Love the ribbon holder and I never get sick of looking at Kaffes. I have scraps of that old one, it's nearly all gone. It turned out to be one of my favourites.
I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Christine said...

wonderful once again and thank you for sharing.

cheers
Christine

alobsiger said...

Your Nativity scene is so lovely! And the quilt upon which it sits is gorgeous too. Pretty flowers! Say, I like the color on the end of that old bobbin. I just love the August Rose print too -- that was a great one!! I've enjoyed your color week!

Kaaren said...

Happy belated birthday, Cathy. I'm sorry I missed it.

I just love your old bobbin and your blue and white teapot collection from your previous post. Gorgeous!

Many happy returns!

wishes, true and kind said...

I swear I posted a comment here earlier and a day or so ago on your last post.... I think I forget to wait for the funny little code words sometimes.... Anyway, see my blog.
Joan

Catherine said...

Love your nativity scene, beautiful and so are the gerbera's. They are such happy flowers.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I really like the willow tree stuff. The nativity is gorgeous...one of the best.

I love those flowers...so perfect!

Glad you had a nice birthday.

PatchworkRose said...

Love all that colour and your Flowers :-)
Happy Birthday to you too :-) Glad your birthday was special.
Cheers
Lynne