Monday, December 14, 2009

Colour My World

Yellow Monday
Joining in with Kendall's Colour Week, taking a photo of a different colour each day, my first offering is a simple measuring cup.


When looking about the house trying to decide what I own that is yellow, I realise that while I do love the colour yellow, I don't actually have much of it in my home (except for yellow fabric of course!). I love the retro look of these measuring cups, you can see the colours of the other cups in the background. To see what other 'Yellow Mondays' have photographed, check Kendall's Colour blog for the links (remember America is a little behind us here in Oz, may take a little while yet!!).  Pop by tomorrow to check out Green Tuesday. xo

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a bright yellow hand can opener but nothing else yellow. I did however just make a stack of yummy yellow flannel pillowcases. Looking forward to GREEN Tuesday...my favorite color.

Jenny said...

What a pretty measuring cup...and the others in the back ground. ugh, mine are white plastic!

Jackie said...

I love yellow. My house is a bright sunny yellow! Very inviting. In fact, you can't drive by my house without a smile on your face. At least I think so. I love that little measuring cup, cute!

Nedra said...

What a fun idea for posts. And cute measuring cups!
I love the color yellow: the color of my sewing room walls.

YankeeQuilter said...

How fun...I was just talking to a quilter friend about how much yellow was sneaking into my quilting...not gold but buttery yellow. I can remember a time when I wouldn't use any yellow or orange. Have times changed!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

You made me want to look around my house...I also have yellow measuring cups,and the dish holder thing by the sink is yellow. But not to much here either...

Sounds like a fun 'game.' Look forward to seeing what green you have... :)

Christina said...

Love the measuring cups! And it is such a nice, soft yellow.

Sarah said...

they are so pretty! I feel the same way.. I like yellow but I dont own many yellow things..

Kelly said...

Love your cups, very cute, mine are hot pink silicone, so that I can always find them, and so the girls can't break them lol!

Monika said...

How retro! Love the look and colours of the measuring cups!!

Mama Spark said...

Love the ornament, just too cute!! I love green and have it all over my house, with blue of course and the BEST is when you mix them together and get shades of aqua...ahhhh...BLISS!

Giddy for Paisley said...

The measuring cups are great. I love the soft yellow color of it.