Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Creating but not stitching!


I feel as though I went to bed on the 25th of November and woke up today, the 8th December, where did the last few weeks go?!!! I'm sure you are all feeling the same with the many and various things you have to do before Christmas! I must confess, I haven't done any stitching, cutting, quilting, or even Christmas sewing in the past 2 weeks. I have however done a little bit of creating....I have been making a little bit of jewellery. I guess I can't go for too long without having to make something! I have had some beautiful handmade lampwork glass beads sitting in my cupboard for a long time, and the other day I thought I would play with them and see what I could make. These beads I purchased from a lovely Etsy shop called Silverfish Designs. I strung them together with some bali silver beads from Alchemy and Ice (an Aussie shop) and the beautiful clasp I purchased from Bubba's Gemstones


Aren't the lampwork beads gorgeous, each bead has a slightly different detail.


I purchased the next beads as a bracelet from Gemma Beads but wanted to change it a bit so I added my own bits and pieces to the stunning floral lampwork beads.


The dragonfly charm is one of my favourites, I got him from Dragynsfyre etsy shop. I love having 'danglies' on my bracelets!!

Tonight I was fiddling with some beautiful little freshwater pearls and made them up into earrings.


I like these, they are light to wear and will look good with anything I think. So my creative side is satisfied for the time being. How are you coping with all the extra's that come at this time of the year...the school presentations, the work socials, the church breakups, the school book buying, the kids home from school, the Christmas organizing....etc, etc? I hope you have a wonderful week xo

24 comments:

Sue said...

wow the jewellery is gorgeous, I have so much on this week I can't think straight, I'll let you know if I'm still alive next week LOL

Christine said...

How beautiful, love what you have created.
cheers
Christine

Stephanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous jewelry. I have an absolutely "must do" list I'm working on and then I should be able to work on the "want to do" list.

Nedra said...

Wow. They are all so beautiful. You are multi talented!

Jackie said...

Cathy, They are just beautiful!! I also make jewelry on occasion and love the lampwork beads. The ones you found are just beautiful!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Love the jewelry!

Allie said...

Beautiful! Looks like fun.

Karen said...

Beautiful!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

After working on quilts making jewelery is like a "fix." You actually start and finish a project in the same day...heck the same hour sometimes! BTW - the pearls look great!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Oh they're all lovely Cathy! I love the way you displayed them for your pictures too! So glad you shared!

I haven't done any christmas sewing or anything either. Not that I fully planned to...only because I knew I'd never get to it! ;D

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous jewellery...I love having someting dangle on my bracelets too! We are in christmas mode here...need to get the cards done!

Janet said...

Your jewellery is gorgeous. You have a talent there.

One Flew Over said...

Look at you go!! So pretty x

Robyn said...

Oooh Cathy I love what you've been creating!!
The beads are simply so pretty and stunning!
I do hope you enjoy wearing those beauties.

thelastpiece said...

I hear you Cathy.... we have so much on at the moment that my 12 year old was walking around the house last night singing, "this week is bananas - B.A.N.A.N.A.S!"

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

I have nominated you for an award, do check out my blog.

Julia said...

Beautiful Cathy!...
Yes, there's just too much going on right now...so many lunches..get togethers, etc.
It'll all be over before we know it!
Julia ♥

izzy inspired said...

Beautiful...all of them. I especially love the first bracelet....the clasp is gorgeous! And all the metal work you added to it is just divine.

Life has been quite hectic and flying by at warp speed. I always feel as though this time of the year needs simplification!

Seams Sew Together said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Especially the earrings..

Donnelly said...

Beautiful creations! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Insurance Telemearketing said...

These are so beautiful!!

Have a nice Holiday season! ^-^

Kelly said...

They are beautiful Cathy! I love the colours in the first lot of beads, very pretty!

Chookyblue...... said...

great jewellery............wished I could do this..........

wishes, true and kind said...

You multi-talented thing, you!