Monday, December 21, 2009

End of Colour Week

Black & White Monday

It has been a fun challenge that Kendall has given us, to take photo's of different colours each day for a week. Today is the final day....black & white! I didn't think I would have much to show for black and white day, but I found a few things lying around! Firstly my newish black and white heels...I adore that red buckle and these shoes are SO comfortable!

The black and white lamp on my bedside table, many books read by this light.

My pretty black and white vase a lovely friend gave me for my 40th birthday 2 years ago (...oops, now you know how old I just turned!).

Black and white polka dot binding, makes a very colourful quilt look fabulous I think!!

So that wraps up colour week for me. Thanks again Kendall for hosting this week, I loved visiting the other colour week blogs to see what colours they found!

I also want to say a huge WELL DONE to my youngest son, he starred in our Christmas production at church over the past two nights. He played a wiseman called Harry and did a brilliant job, as did the rest of the cast and crew! Fabulous.

In the next day or two I will have a photo to show of my Hearts and Romance quilt, I have now finished the first border and I'm very happy with it!!! See you then. xo

17 comments:

Quilts on Bastings said...

I have enjoyed your week in colour - thanks! Love the black and white polka dot binding.

Janet said...

Great finish to the colour week Cathy. I love the lamp and the vase is pretty nice too.

Jenny said...

Congratulations to your son!
and congratulations to you on a great color week!

Jackie said...

Loved your color week! The black and white polka dot binding is fantastic. Have a wonderful Christmas! Looking forward to seeing your hearts and romance quilt.

YankeeQuilter said...

Polka dot binding - now that has to be right up there with stripes! too fun.

Congratulations to your son on his successful play! Great costume!

Nedra said...

Black and white looks best next to color, and you did a great job of showing that. And yes, your son looks very wise...

Dee said...

Cathy, thanks for sharing so much of your world with us.

Your son has the sweetest smile!

Merry Christmas and all of His bery best gifts to you and yours in 2010!

whatktmadenext said...

Love the polka dot binding! Is that picture the same quilt as the one in your header (which is really, really pretty)?

wishes, true and kind said...

While I love blue and white in my home, I am drawn to black and white in clothing. I love the lamp and the black and white binding, but my favorite thing in your post today is not black and white at all. It's the stacks of gorgeous fabrics behind the pretty vase!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

If I had gone shopping for you I would have bought you those b/w shoes with RED buckles!! Seems so you!!! :-)
love that black and white polka dot on the binding! Happy winter solstice!!

Sarah said...

I looovvve the shoes! and the black and white binding is wonderful (love polka dots too) I almost didnt notice how pretty the vase was because I was so distracted by the beautiful flea market fancy behind it ;-) Your son looks so proud hope you have a wonderful holiday

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Is that a microphone on your son? Such technology...

Love your black and white...especially that binding! I suddenly feel the need to buy some black and white polka dots...

Catherine said...

Gorgeous vase and love the black and white polka dot binding, perfect for that colourful quilt.

kendall.micayla said...

you found a lot of lovely black and white stuff! i really love the binding on the quilt, it makes it pop! ;) xo

Deb said...

I love your colour posts - and I covet your shoes - truly - I love shoes. And the binding is just knockout.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous Shoes!! I can't wait to see hearts and romance! and Congrats to your son, he looks very handsome in his costume!

Patchwork Penguin said...

Cathy,

Thank you so much for the lovely quilt and the ornaments. I have posted a picture on my blog.

Happy Holidays!

Nancy