Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pink Wednesday

I was reading a trashy magazine at the hairdressers today and came across a lady who wore only pink! Imagine....pink everything, dresses, shoes, earrings, beads, handbags, all hanging up in her pink painted bedroom, she had even dyed her dog a pretty shade of pink!!!! It was all a little nauseating really. I do love pink, but not in the extreme. So here is a small example of the pinks I love.....


My little English teapot. Not a very bright pink, more a salmon colour really, but lovely just the same. I was fortunate enough to travel to England for my brothers wedding about 8 years ago, and this is my one little souvenir that I bought back with me. Made out of some kind of metal or enamel.


I love the inside of the lid, a gorgeous eggshell blue (perhaps I should have shown you that on blue Thursday!!).


One of the Christmas baubles I bought one year, simple, but pretty. Yes, the tree is almost up, my youngest son got sick of waiting for me to do it, and put the tree up today. Hubby has just put the lights on it, which leaves a few more decorations for me to place and we are done....finally!!!

And my most adored Kaffe fabric of all time. For some reason, over the years that I have loved Kaffe fabrics, this one, Roman Glass Pink, has remained one of my favourites.


 Doesn't it look wonderful in this Wheel of Fortune quilt I made a couple of years ago?




Kendall has some lovely colours over at her blog, as well as a list of other colour bloggers if you want to see some more pinks, greens and yellows. Back tomorrow with Blue Thursday and there might be a few teapots in the picture! xo

26 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Your English teapot is werry cute :o)

Catherine said...

Very cute and unusual teapot. LOVE that quilt. You can't beat Kaffe Fassett.

Miriam said...

I love your Wheel of Fortune quilt!

Lovely teapot

Quilts on Bastings said...

I do love your Wheel of Fortune Quilt - makes me want to finish mine!

Andi said...

Now I do love pink but that woman with the dyed pooch is taking things waaaay to far.
Your quilt is stunning.
Andi :-)

Janet said...

The lady sounds like Barbara Cartland, she had pink everywhere too. I like it mixed with other colours best. I love the Roman glass too, I've used it a fair bit. Love the teapot and the decoration. You already know I love the quilt!

Stephanie said...

Oh how I love a pretty tea pot! But that quilt is absolutely stunning.

Kaaren said...

Amazing quilt, Cathy!

Jenny said...

Yes Roman Glass Pink looks stunning in your quilt...your quilt for that matter looks stunning!! I love this color week!

Lurline said...

Your quilt is stunning, Cathy - I might just have to look at a few more Kaffe's!
Hugs - Lurline♥

A Quilter Awakens said...

Oh my, I love the teapot. What a treasure! And that gorgeous quilt? Something for me to aspire to. Karmen

Bunny said...

Oh I love your quilt and your pink teapot I am a teapot lover too. Hope your postman gets back to work soon. Thanks for stopping at my blog and adding your sweet comment.

Jackie said...

Cathy, I love pink too! But I would never resort to having everything pink, especially the dog. Your teapot is great and oh how I love the Roman Glass pink!! Definitely a fave of mine. I love how it looks in your Wheel of Fortune quilt. Where on earth did you get that pattern? That may have to go on my list of quilts to make!

Nedra said...

I'm not a big fan of pink, but when you add it next to all the other fun colors, it plays very well! And if it's a Kaffe, I automatically love it. Lovely teapot.

imquilternity said...

I love pink too....lights to darks! I would recognize your Wheel of Fortune quilt anywhere...it's actually how I think of you! It's gorgeous, of course, and you do such a wonderful job of combining interesting fabrics. I'm always thrilled when you share a new project!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Oh wow Cathy! I love that quilt!

I do so love pink! And I just recently bought 2 yards of that pink roman glass fabric! Thanks for helping me with the name of it!

That ornament would be just right for my little white tree... ;D

Monika said...

1. Absolutely love the teapot as I am a teapot lover myself.
2. The bauble is beautiful - a perfect shade of pink.
3. The best of all - what a stunning quilt! Kaffe's fabrics are a perfect choice for it.

LOL - I may have a few blue teapots myself for Thursday!! See you then.

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous quilt...you can't beat that KF pink! The teapot is really sweet....I have some sweet ones too! I do like pink...but NOT as much as that lady!

whatktmadenext said...

That bauble is lovely. 2 shades of pink - what more can you ask for!

kendall.micayla said...

my sister is positively drooling over your tea pot, its quite lovely! the quilt! its gorgeous! so many different prints, very dazzling! and that ornament is so cute... i love the little scrollies on it. happy wednesday! xo

Sarah said...

that quilt is amazing wow you are talented

Julia said...

Love the teapot..Gorgeous quilt, I do like pink but not enough to wear it all the time!
I think the green and red make this quilt pop!
Julia ♥

Maree: said...

I'm a Pink Girl too like you...OH and I Love that Quilt...Gorgeous.!!
cheers

Giddy for Paisley said...

Beautiful quilt! The tea pot is a great piece, it is so cheerful.

Danielle said...

ooh I love that teapot - what a treasure!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That quilt is a wow. A total and complete WOW. Speechless. I love it.