Thursday, December 3, 2009

Popping in to say Hi!

Hi!! I'm sorry I haven't been around for a bit, I honestly don't know where the time is going...December already! I have nothing to show as I have been doing nothing....in the stitching department that is. I'm having withdrawals. I am still waiting for my background for my Jacobs Coat block to arrive so I can't show you that yet. I can say that I spied on Kellie's Dont Look Now blog that she likes my block and is going to send me a free pattern...yay, little dance!!! I have cut out the next border on Kim McLeans quilt Hearts and Flowers, but haven't done any applique yet. I have received block 4 of my Sue Ross Bom, but haven't started that yet either. I'm rather uninspiring here at the moment, sorry. I will leave you with a pic of my first 3 Sue Ross blocks, I have made 3 practice blocks from my stash (the top row), and the 3 pretty blocks from Material Obsession.

Created with the wonderful Mosaic Maker on Flickr
 
I hope you are achieving more than me as we start the silly season. xo

18 comments:

Karen said...

You are going to end up with two quilts with making practice blocks. You are doing such a good piecing job on the blocks.

wishes, true and kind said...

Your Sue Ross BOM blocks are wonderful! How do you find/use the mosaic maker on Flickr???

Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Cathy,
Can't believe I haven't blogged in a while. I miss visiting everyone. Hope you and your family are well. I am like you...nothing accomplished in the sewing department. Between a crazy life, our Thanksgiving here in the states and preparing for Christmas, I'm not seeing much sewing in my future...except for the rush of last minute gift ideas I have in my mind. I love the blocks you've sewn, so beautiful. You always have the greatest fabric.
Take care and hopefully I'll be back soon,
~Karen~

In Awe of Applique said...

Hey Cathy~
Your Susan Ross blocks are amazing, I just love the fabrics/colors, can't wait to see it complete...and I am itching to do the Joseph's coat, but have committed myself to finishing my Grandmother's Flower Garden, as always, you are an inspiration!
~Andrea

beth said...

love those blocks! what is the mosaic maker??

Nedra said...

I have been following everyone making the Sue Ross BOM and I love them all!

Busy As Can Be said...

I love the blocks and your work is wonderful as always!!!

imquilternity said...

Love, love, love your blocks and your very inspired fabric choices!

Quilts on Bastings said...

They are stunning blocks, Cathy, you are going to have 2 fabulous quilts, I can't decide which I like better!

Rae Ann said...

Beautiful Sue Ross BOM blocks. I love your color choices. Good to hear from you again!

Deb said...

Doesn't matter what you do Cathy - you are never uninspiring! Love your Sue Ross blocks - the two groups look quite different don't they? Hang in there through silly season - all things must pass.

Rafael's Mum said...

Hi Cathy, was just about to mail you to see if you were ok!! December busy for most of us I think, same here, and glad you are fine. The blocks are great and just think.. how awesome to end up with two great quilts at the same time!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

The Sue Ross blocks are looking fantastic! Love them. I did a little happy dance for you too when I saw Kellie's post re Jacob's Coat! Lovely pattern!

Rita

Jackie said...

This time of the year for me also tends to be slow in the sewing department. I think with the holidays we just have a lot going on. But your Sue Ross BOM is coming along just beautifully.

YankeeQuilter said...

The blocks look marvelous! What do you mean you haven't been sewing!?

Dee said...

Simply stunning, as usual. Glad life is just busy...and not something worse! LOL

Merry Christmas!

Cardygirl said...

Hi Cathy...love the MO BOM blocks. Life gets a bit hectic about now...enjoy the ride!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Love the blocks! I broke a personal record by getting my decorations up on Nov 30th...and that's about where I stopped! :)

Hope you have a great weekend! :)