Friday, December 4, 2009

SSCS Love


Oh....My....Goodness!!! My SSCS (secret santa christmas swap) present arrived today all the way from The Netherlands! It turns out my partner is Nicolette from Dutch Comfort blog who has put together for me the most incredible package.


(I thought it was apt to photograph it all on tulips fabric!!) The idea with the sscs is that we have one handmade present to put under our tree to open on Christmas day, and one handmade Christmas decoration to open when the parcel arrives. Not only did Nicolette have these two presents all beautifully wrapped, but she threw in so many more fabulous decorations and other surprises for me to open as well.


 card holder pegs, buttons, tealight candle holder, timber Christmas decorations, 
fabric decorations with bells, and Nicolettes handmade pretty little bird


Wow!!! I'm stunned Nicolette, these are truly beautiful. In our house at Christmas we have a uniquely Australian corrugated iron Christmas tree made for us by a special friend (thanks Gary). This year my iron tree is looking fabulous with all these beautiful decorations from Holland.


I love the pretty little bird that Nicolette has made for me, he is so beautiful.


But that wasn't all, Nicolette has been lurking around my blog and discovered I'm a bit of a Kaffe fan....


Wow, beautiful Kaffe fabrics, Oh Yay!!! I will be putting them to good use Nicolette. And then there was the coffee lollies (yum) and two lovely postcards from her home town. Because I have had a wonderful time opening these amazing presents, I am not even tempted to open the present that has to wait under my tree to be opened on Christmas Day (well, I am tempted, but I will be strong!).


Thank you SO MUCH Nicolette, your generosity has touched my heart and I will have a smile everytime I walk past my Netherland/Aussie Christmas tree. And thank you Chookyblue for organising and hosting this wonderful present swap. The present I sent to America has also arrived at its destination, and I can show you what I made after Christmas!

Talking about presents, my postman was busy today....a wonderful pattern from the very talented Kellie from Don't Look Now arrived today (wow, that was fast Kellie)!


I love this pattern and might use some of my new Kaffe's from Nicolette to make it up. I can see it on a coal grey background I think. Thank you Nicolette and Kellie for making my day! xo

18 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

What a wonderful parcel! Nicolette has really outdone herself you lucky girl!! and all the Kaffe's too WOW, and so lovely coordinated. I can see why you are blown away! I am too!

jean said...

Hey Cathie, what a wonderful swap to be a part of. No wonder you are blown away , it was really a parcel and a half. Enjoy your Christmas and I will look forward to seeing what you make with the fabrics.

Janet said...

My goodness me, what a lovely parcel to recieve. I love the iron tree a lot, how unique and the decorations really stand out on it. I love Kellies patterns and the Kaffes, they go together and that's what I've been playing with today.

Rebecca said...

Oh what a sweety she is to spoil you so much, I love the little bird and the tree looks great. Enjoy the fabrics I am sure you will make something lovely with them.
Big Hugs Bec

Jackie said...

What a wonderful swap!! Everything that you received is just beautiful! Lucky you. I love the corrugated tree.

clare's craftroom said...

Wow what gorgeous things from a very generous lady , lucky you ! I loooove your tree , so Aussie . I painted my pantry cupboard door to look like iron , fun .

nicolette said...

I’m so happy I can finally leave a comment on your blog! It was so wonderful to lurk and look at your gorgeous quilts!

I’m totally in love with the iron Christmas tree. I’m searching for years now to find something without the needles and non-plastic!

alobsiger said...

Fabulous treasures in your swap parcel! Can't wait to see what is in the package under your equally fabulous tree! AND a pretty new Don't Look Now pattern?! You must have been a very good girl. :-)

Dee said...

wow! what an awesome post to read and start my day with! when I hear of the generosity of quilters, my heart just swells! and I'm encouraged and inspired to be a better, more giving person! thank you for sharing your blessing and to Nicolette for her huge heart too!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Wow, such wonderful gifts! :) And that tree...I love it, it's so modern and looks great with those decorations! Is there a story behind it? I don't believe I've ever seen a corrugated metal christmas tree...

One Flew Over said...

Lucky you! I Won a gorgeous table runner from Nicolette, perfectly crafted - I love it!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

What a fantastic swap! Love love all the gifts! Having a very dutch background myself, these little gifts bring back memories from many years ago! I love reading Dutch Comfort - all of Nicolette's posts are just so wonderful!

Rita
ps lucky you!

imquilternity said...

I love the generosity that this time of year inspires. You were certainly lucky to have such a wonderful international swap partner and the recipient of your gift(s) will be lucky too!!

izzy inspired said...

It would seem as though Christmas has started early for you, how wonderfully gifted. I have to say that I LOVE your metal tree. Absolutely gorgeous and original, it's a Christmas work of art for sure!!

Cardygirl said...

Great pressies...love your tree!

Kelly said...

What lovely gifts! That tree is pure awesome (as my 8 year old would say!)and I love the contrast with the soft ornaments!!

Bronwyn said...

That is one unique tree! Very Australian! I was just reading Sewn and saw you there!! How cool is that?

broderie said...

hello cathy! i have often wanted to comment on the wonderful work you do and the interesting posts, but there are a couple of blogs that do not like my 'typepad' and i just come up as a number!!!! and suddenly the lightglobe in my head came on today and i used my 'google' account and it worked! i am a very easily pleased girl and a slow learner ! anyway , love your tree and that little bird from the other side of the world! hopefully you will be happy to hear from me more often now!