Saturday, January 30, 2010

Inspiration

I love being inspired by the wonderful quilts and quilty things bloggers make. It's so fabulous to have this blogging world at our fingertips and to have our senses assailed with colour, pattern and design on a daily basis! Earlier this week I was at a friends house, and was once again inspired by two of her quilt creations which I will share with you! Deb made these gorgeous quilts for her teenage son and daughter and they have been well loved by them.

Jayne's quilt was made from a pattern called Hopscotch designed by Bit's n Pieces. Deb has used the stunning fabrics from Prints Charming, a range called Follow Your Imagination that was released a few years ago.
It's such a bright, happy quilt and makes me feel good every time I see it! Doesn't it look fabulous hanging on the green gate?
The stripe binding finishes off the quilt beautifully.
Deb pieced the back of the quilt as well, I love a pieced back!
Deb asked me to quilt Jayne's quilt for her, which I was thrilled to do.
I used a loopy flower pattern in the larger squares, a square spiral pattern and a stipple in the smaller squares. So quick and fun to do and the fabric was so soft it was like quilting butter!

Tom's quilt is made from a pattern sold by Amitie called Flea Market Dash.
Deb and I had a fun day wandering around Amitie choosing the wonderful, more 'manly' fabrics for her quilt for her son. I love the rust red colour amongst the blues and tans.
This is such an eye-catching pattern, I would love to make it in Kaffe's one day. Deb quilted this one with straightline stitching in a cross-hatch pattern which suits this quilt so beautifully.
Deb has backed Tom's quilt with flannel, it's so cozy and warm!
Thanks Deb for letting me show off your fabulous quilts, they are beautiful and very inspiring to me.

I have been doing a little stitching here and hope to have something stringy to show soon! xo

29 comments:

Jenny said...

oh i love the loopy flowers! what cute friends...i wish wish wish i had local friends who quilted!

cant wait to see what you are stitching up with FMF!

Julia said...

Beautiful "manly" quilt...I find these so hard to do..find just the right colurs and pattern..this one is perfect!
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

I just love the Prints Charming quilt - the way you have quilted it fascinates me!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Kelly said...

oh they are nice! Looking forward (as always lol) to seeing what you are getting up to with FMF!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful quilts. Looking forward to seeing the result of that yummy pile of FMF!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Thank you Deb for sharing your quilts. Love the way you have shared choosing fabrics and quilting. Cathy you quilting is outstanding!

Oh my... the FMF - can't wait to see what you are up to.

wishes, true and kind said...

I love the quilts Deb made for her children! My daughter has gotten several of my creations, but my son has always passed as he has a much loved quilt that my mother made. But now it is getting worn, and he wants to give it a rest, so he has asked me to make him a quilt. I can't wait to get started. And, I very excited to see what you're doing with your FMF strings! Oh -- and your quilting never ceases to impress me!

Jackie said...

Those are both just wonderful quilts!! Prints Charming has such wonderful fabrics. I have that range and now you have given me some wonderful ideas!! Thank you for the quilty inspiration. It looks like you might be up to some strings.

sewpam63 said...

Lovely to have you back, Cathy. I've missed you. ; ) Thanks for sharing Debs quilts with us! Your quilting is amazing and inspiring!!! I truly appreciate that! And, I must agree...isn't YouTube and the internet positively incredible?! Enjoy your weekend.

Andi said...

So much beautiful eye candy.
Thanks Cathy!!

Linda said...

Love the Hopscotch quilt and such lovely quilting. Looking forward to seeing the end results of your strings.

Julie said...

Both lovely quilts, I love the quilting on the first one.

Kylie said...

WOW!!!!! You are a truly gifted quilter Cathy!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your work....and your blog!!!!
xoxoxo :o)

Kylie said...

ps finished my floors! hehe...

PatchCreationen said...

I love the first quilt. The colours are beautiful ! And the backside also.
Greetings von bavaria, germany
Carola

Marit said...

Thank you and your friend for sharing the two beautiful quilts. I really like churn dash, and fell in love with that one!
Your strings looks very exiting... Happy sewing!

; )

Quilts on Bastings said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful quilts Cathy - you've done a fabulous job on the quilting.

Rae Ann said...

Both quilts are beautiful. You have given me an idea for the quilt that I will be making for my son. Thanks for sharing!

Maree: said...

Lovely Job...the Quilts are Great.!...I'm a fan of Prints Charming fabrics too.
cheers

NEEDLEWINGS said...

The quilts are wonderful!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Lovely quilts. The first one is so eye catching and the 2nd so classic.

alobsiger said...

Thanks for sharing Deb's wonderful quilts! They are both fabulous! Heehee, Bits n Pieces is in my backyard and I think I ordered the Flea Market Dash pattern from Amitie a couple of years ago. Serendipity! Thanks for showing them to us! Love that green gate!!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love the quilts...thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing what you're up to!

Janet said...

Great quilts! I love all the fabrics too and the quilting is great cathy

Tatkis said...

Wow! Your friend's quilts are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Tatyana

Theresa said...

You're so right about blog inspiration. Thanks for inspiring me with these 2 gorgeous quilts. I've started a little Prints Charming collection and agree that Deb has chosen well with her fabrics and layout. I'll have to pop that one on the wish list. And the loopy flower quilting is sensational.

Ann said...

What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing these lovely quilts and explaining how they fit their owners. Beautiful. Ann :)

Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Cathy,
Beautiful quilts...thanks so much for sharing. I haven't been blog reading in a while, so I thought I would stop by. I noticed you haven't posted...hope everything is fine and you are just sewing away!!
Take care,
~Karen~

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Hey Cath! Hope your well! Your missed on blogland! blog love.
V