Thursday, March 25, 2010

Off Again

I have been absolutely blown away by the response to my Licorice Allsorts quilt.
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to every single one of them as I would have liked, I still find my shoulder will soon tell me that it doesn't like prolonged computer work! Thankfully stitching appears to be a different motion, so I have been able to do more of that. Also, quite a few comments came up as no-reply, so I couldn't reply anyway. However, please know that I read every single comment, and thoroughly enjoy and appreciate them all.  (And Dokiquilts you are free to borrow the idea, that is fine by me!!!)

I did promise at the end of the last post to show you the beautiful fabric I received in the mail the other day. I have been doing so well this year trying to have a fabric diet (not buying any new fabric and using up my stash instead)....until I saw this....!
I already have a full stash of Anna Maria Horners Good Folks which I simply adore, so when I saw this new range of Little Folks, I knew it wouldn't be long before I caved in and bought some. I must say, this fabric is absolutely divine. I can't stop touching it, it is so silky smooth and gorgeous. Being voile instead of the usual quilting cotton, it is a little dearer to purchase, so I bought the full range in fat quarters (instead of half yards) from Banberry Place.
Of course when it arrived and I saw how wonderful it was, I also had to have the full range of Dobby's in fat quarters from Fabricworm. I cannot wait to cut into it (although it does look so nice sitting on my shelf all neatly folded!). I'm thinking maybe a snowball quilt for these little beauties. If you are interested in finding out a bit more about voile, Anna Marie did a fabulous info post here.

Now, to get to the title of this post, we are off again...to Anglesea for a 5 day getaway. Very excited to have some time off work and get away from the phone and spend some time with great friends. Lots of surfing (by the boys), walking, talking (by the girls), eating, coffee drinking, some stitching, some chocolate (it is nearly Easter after all!!). I may have a few pics to show when we return next Wednesday. Til then, have a wonderful weekend. xo

19 comments:

Jackie said...

The fabrics are just gorgeous!! What a wonderful stash enhancement. Love them all. Hope you have a wonderful time off!

broderie said...

cathy, your licorice allsorts quilt is very gorgeous!

Rafael's Mum said...

Ooooooohhhhh..... LOVE it all! I wish it were coming to me..... sigh..... Hope you have a grand time creating with this and have a lovely time away!

Katy said...

I sat and stroked my little folks all night last night. It's hard to cut into, it's just so lovely and soft folded up in a little stack!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh the licorice quilt is amazing. I love this idea. I really like those voiles too. I used to have lots of voile dresses growing up.

Karen said...

Nothing like some new fabric to make you feel better!

Valentina said...

Happy your Shoulder is doing better! Gorgeous fabric, I can't wait to see what wonderful creations will come into being...
Happy break!
hugs
Valentina

sharon said...

I too ordered Anna Maria's good folks! I just love the colours. Have a nice wee vacation!
Sharonj.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Have fun!

alobsiger said...

Oh my! And here I am desperately trying to resist Little Folks (only because I will have some have some of each piece). Aren't they wonderful -- the colors, the feel of it. SWOON! I did buy a small piece of that turquoise dobby because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I look forward to seeing what you do with yours. Have a wonderful time away!

Cardygirl said...

Have a great break...all that gorgeous fabric is worth breaking your "diet" for!

Julie said...

Those fabric look delicious, they will be fun to work with, thats if you can bare to cut them up!

Nedra said...

I can see why you couldn't resist. Enjoy your vacation!

Andi said...

You are wicked!! I've just put a rather large dent in my credit card over at Banberry Place!
Have a great time away.
Andi :-)

Quilts on Bastings said...

Wonderful additions to your fabric stash!

Miriam said...

Gorgeous fabrics!!

Have fun in Anglesea; it is a gorgeous place!

I want to let you know I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Congratulations! The award if for bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity. Thank you for the inspiration!
Take a look at your award on my blog.
http://yellowrosequilts.blogspot.com/

izzy inspired said...

Simply GORGEOUS!! I just love everything about your quilt!! just stunning.

I too was bit by AMH's voile fabric bug, I started out with just a select few and slowly have let it grow to almost every print made!! I am such an fabri-holic (the word I made to describe my addiction to fabric)!!

Kelly said...

Hope you have a great getaway Cathy, I'm glad to see you back posting again, That quilt is amazing!!

Lurline said...

What a comeback, Cathy - you've brought fuzzy feelings of happiness to my heart, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥