Friday, September 3, 2010

Thank you Red Pepper Quilts!

Ok, so on Wednesday I showed a sneak peak of the little quilt I have been making for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. Today I arrive home to find a box on my front doorstep. Yes, my partner turned out to be the very talented Rita from Red Pepper Quilts, Yay! Rita has made me a dazzling trip around the world doll quilt.
Isn't it magnificent? Rita is well known for her beautiful pieced backs, and with a back as gorgeous as this, I really have two doll quilts!
Gorgeous tag...
Rita's cross hatch quilting is perfection...
Now the box on my doorstep didn't just bring one incredible doll quilt....it also hid wonderful gifts!
Mmm, I love chocolate, and Lindt, and blueberries, so the mix of all three is fabulous! Check out the gorgeous cards Rita made, I love handmade cards, especially with special fabrics on them!
Rita knows I am a bit of a Kaffe fan (ok, a big Kaffe fan), and she sent me 7 Kaffe/Brandon Mably fabrics from their new ranges, yum.
Thank you Rita, I am thrilled with your quilt and very proud to have my very own Red Pepper Quilts creation!

22 comments:

Andi said...

I had a sneaking suspicion this was heading your way!!!
Enjoy ... you lucky duck!!

nicolette said...

You’re a lucky duck indeed!

Marit said...

It's a beauty! And it found a very good home...

; )

Kathie said...

oh Cathy it is beautiful how lucky are you?
I love her color choices and the green binding just makes me smile
Kathie

Katy said...

Cathy, that's wonderful - prefect for you as well!!!!

Janet said...

Lucky, lucky you, isn't Rita generous! It's a quilt that suits you down to the ground, really lovely.

Stephanie said...

I spied some Flea Market Fancy! Very special mail.

Catherine said...

Lucky you to be a proud owner of one of Rita's Quilts. It's gorgeous and you got some lovely extras as well. Haven't seen that blueberry Lindt yet, will have to look out for it.

Jackie said...

Yes, lucky you! Beautiful quilt and goodies. A wonderful parcel.

Crispy said...

WOW what a wonderful package!! How big are the squares? Such a pretty 2-in-1 doll quilt!! Love the fabrics, especially that striped one :0)

Crispy

Donna~~ said...

Fantastic quilt--love the fabrics in it as well as those in the package! Looks like Christmas came early! (What size are the squares on the quilt? It looks like it would be fun to make!)

Teresa said...

What a beautiful and zippy little quilt (I LOVE her label...)!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

bearpaw said...

Wow, you got lucky getting Rita as your partner! I love her quilts and I love that design - good for you!!

Jennifer said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I'm sure you will treasure it.

Jennifer :)

Carla said...

Wowsers! How fun for you!! Red Pepper Quilts is one of the first blogs I started following. Love her quilts sooo much! Her generous and creative spirit shows through in your package contents, that's for sure.

alobsiger said...

You lucky duck! I was eye-ing that lovely quilt on Rita's blog. It's fantastic! And what wonderful treasures came along too. Happy day!

Cardygirl said...

What a fabulous surprise...and well deserved!

Kim D. said...

You are so very Lucky!! Gorgeous quilt and what generous goodies to go along with it.

Quiltdoodles said...

What a special surprise. I know you will treasure the adorable doll quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I've been an admirer of her work for a long time. Congrats.

LuAnn said...

What a pretty blog with all of the bright colors. Gorgeous quilts and fabric choices.

trish said...

Oh you are such a lucky lady! I have admired your beautiful little quilt so much! :o)
I am new to your blog today and having such a wonderful time visiting. :o) Drop by anytime.
Sincerely ~ Tricia