Monday, November 8, 2010

Gotta love a Stitch Day!

I adore stitch days and today was no exception! I had the wonderful Andi from Patch Andi come and visit me, ahh, she is so inspiring! I think I talked more than stitched, but Andi pin basted this gorgeous creation....
 Image from Patch Andi's blog
You can read about this beautiful quilt here

Of course we had to have a break for lunch...
Sitting in the shade of our plum tree surrounded by my husbands very large woodpile!!

Andi is hand quilting her divine Little Folks quilt....
Of course I am useless remembering to take photographs, so I didn't even get a pic of Andi quilting this soft as feathers quilt (photo above from Andi's blog). You will have to wait until she has finished it and blogs about it herself, but I can tell you, her hand quilting is superb. You can check out how she basted these slippery layers of voile together here...brilliant!!

I was so inspired by Andi's quilt I have decided my Little Folks Snowball quilt must be my next UFO, hand quilting it of course!
I did get a little stitching on my Roseville coral tree done...
All in all a fabulous Stitch Day, thanks Andi!

Isn't it wonderful to meet such beautiful quilters through our blogs? We quilters are blessed. xo

29 comments:

Andi said...

Too kind :-)
xx

Jackie said...

What a terrific day! Andi's work is gorgeous. I just love her sense of color too. Looking forward to seeing more or your Roseville album. After seeing the original one in Houston, I am just in awe of everyone making this quilt!

Brianna said...

Very nice pictures. I'll come stitch with you any day Cathy!

Maree: said...

SO Glad you got to meet up...Lovely spot for Lunch & TFS Andi's Quilts they look Great.
cheers

Caro said...

Your blog is always so inspiring. When I grow up, I want to be just like you:).

Cheryl said...

Stitching with friends is the best!

Dee said...

thank you for sharing your day with us! I love the snowball quilt...it's just gorgeous!

and so are you and Andi! sweet smiles!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Sounds like a fun day.....you keep me focused on the need to get some of my UFO's done!

alobsiger said...

Oh, you lovely ladies had such fun, I'll bet! I'm thrilled to see your Little Folks snowballs again -- hand quilting will be perfect! Such bright, pretty projects Andi brought. ::sigh:: Fun, fun, fun!

Cardygirl said...

Looks like a fabulous day! Love the quilts.

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

ooh! I wanna come play!!! please!!! looks like a blast!

Crispy said...

Oooo such pretty quilts!! You are so fortunate to have met through Blogland :0)

Crispy

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

Meeting "online" friends in real life is always so much fun!! It looks like you two had a great time. I love the way you took the one photo to make it look like the fabric is stained glass!

Em said...

I was warned that your blog is beyond fabulous and addicting, WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you style and thank you for the inspiration. I look forward to following you!!!!

Madame Samm said...

I am sew there ...stitch days are the best days..and since I am retired that is 7 days a week, when I am not cooking, baking, going to meetings, guilds, retreats, blogging, yes that too..I stitch...x

Lorraine said...

It's all so gorgeous!!
Lucky you two!

Lizzie said...

Sounds like a great day Cathy and sunshine too..! Bonus...
Lizzie
xxx

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

What a wonderful day, and so much stitching and color inspiration!

Quilts on Bastings said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day in Melbourne's sunshine!

mieke said...

yes it is really great to have some stitch days, even more fun with a friend! I will be with my quilting friend for 2 days, leaving tomorrow and having a sleepover....plenty of time for projects and inspiration! Have fun, M

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

That's wonderful...sounds like a great day. :) I just adore your 'stained glass effect' pictures.

Rafael's Mum said...

What a wonderful post of a perfect day! Lovely colourful quilts and what a treat to see a nice photo of you too Cathy!! Great!!

Robyn G. said...

Such a wonderful day Cathy,
to be inspired by friends... there's nothing more wonderful!!

Claudia said...

Looks like a productive visit - your snowball is so fabulous I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sue said...

Hi Cathy, I haven't commented for a while, sorry about that. Looks like you had a lovely day.

Tina said...

That Little Folks Snowball quilt of your looks absolutely stunning. I'll be coming back waiting to see the finished results :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like a fun day...so much inspiration in those pictures you shared...I must get more comfortable with bold colours!

Stephanie said...

I'm in awe over your coral. Gorgeous.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Your work is so amazing. Love everything you make.