Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Lunch

It struck me today that while I love to cook (when I'm in the mood that is!), I have never shared a recipe here. This little gem is one we often have for an easy but very tasty Sunday lunch. I call it my 'P' pizza...Pumpkin, Pesto, Parmesan, Prosciutto, Pita Pizza and a little fetta & rocket too!
Start with a base of wholemeal pitta bread, spread this with basil pesto and top with prosciutto... 
Chop up small cubes of pumpkin...
Add pumpkin and crumbled fetta (or goats cheese) to pizza...
Someone once gave me a fabulous hint for keeping leftover deli cheeses and meats longer...simply wrap them up in alfoil to store in the fridge, rather than keeping in plastic or containers.
It seems to last so much longer, no more throwing mouldy fetta or parmesan in the rubbish after a few days. I have kept fetta up to 3-4 weeks like this!

But I digress, back to the pizza! Bake in 180 degree oven for 25-30 mins. While cooking, pick some peppery rocket from the garden (or pick from the fruit & vegie shop!). Ooops, someone forgot to cover these with a net this year, the caterpillars have been enjoying our rocket...
Once pizza is browned and pumpkin is soft, remove from oven
Top with very well washed! rocket. Using a vegetable peeler, shave parmesan cheese onto pizza. Serve with iced lemon water...
Yum...!

8 comments:

KylieButler said...

This is making my mouth water - yummy

Nifty Quilts said...

This does look yummy. I will have to try it. thanks!

Andi said...

Looks vaguely familiar!!!
I can vouch for the yumminess!!!
Andi x

Michele said...

Yum!

Stephanie said...

Although it's breakfast time I'm hungry and these look delicious!

Jackie said...

This looks just yummy!! Some of my favorite foods all put together. Although, I must say, I am not sure what rocket is, but I am sure that can be substituted with any type of green?

Barb said...

Looks yummy!

Crispy said...

Interesting pizza....I've never eaten pumpkin except in a pie :0)

Crispy