Friday, March 4, 2011

A Wonderful Week

Once again my bad shoulder was getting me down this week, so it was lovely to come home from work on Tuesday to a beautiful parcel all the way from the gorgeous Mrs Schmenkman! Mrs S was my inspiration into the world of blogging and continues to inspire me two years later. Recently I fell in love with her Soul Blossoms Clamshell quilt...
 Photo taken with permission from Mrs Schmenkmans blog!

Isn't that divine? (See here for another pic) Mrs Schmenkman cleverly put this together using a drunkards path template set...one of which she sent to me, yay!...
But that wasn't all, she included two dietry staples...chocolate and fabric! Fabric is considered a daily intake in the healthy food pyramid isn't it?!!! As far as the chocolate goes, this is another Lindt flavour I have not seen before, how many flavours do you have in America that we don't have? Yum!
 Fabric is the stunning Gypsy Bandana range from Pillow & Maxfield

And a wonderful quilt mag! Thank you Mrs Schmenkman, I will have fun choosing what fabrics I will turn into clamshells.
If that wasn't enough, later in the week I got to spend some time at the talented Andi's house! I even got to stand in her incredible 'patchwork' kitchen...those colours just invite you right in...
As did the yummy spanakopita Andi made for lunch...
 We sat amongst her beautiful quilts while we stitched and chatted...
I got to sit on her ottoman I had adored when she re-covered it last year (here)...
And met Mr Camel sitting on another stool Andi beautifully re-covered...
Thank you Andi for a fabulous stitchy day. You and Mrs Schmenkman have made my week!

15 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like a great week, isn't it nice to have such creative friends! That clamshell is genius, well done Mrs S.

nicolette said...

Nothing better than the mailman bringing lovely goodies!

I love the Lindt dark chocolate with seasalt and another one with chili! Strange sensations!

Cardygirl said...

Lots of fun for you ( except for that naughty shoulder)...love the clamshells!

Stephanie said...

Lovely gifts but I want to move into Andi's house! What a happy space.

Janet said...

What a nice way to spend time,with a friend and she does have some lovely spots in her home. That Amy is very clever and what a lovely surprise she sent. Lindt should pay her in chocolate.

Jackie said...

A wonderful parcel for sure!! I can't wait to see your version of the Clamshell quilt. Boy am I in love with Andi's decor!!

Crispy said...

What a beautiful setting for visiting and stitching!! Very clever to use the Drunkards Path blocks for making clamshells. I look forward to seeing what you come up with :0)

Crispy

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sounds like you had a lovely week. Sorry about your shoulder. You got some really nice things from Mrs. S. Enjoyed the pictures of your day with Annie. Mmmm....spanakopita, I love it.

Andi said...

It WAS a lovely day. Thanks for coming over and getting crafty!!
I'll be posting about it soon.
And that clam shell quilt is rather divine!! Get on with it Mrs!!!!!
Andi x

christhequilter said...

ohhh....

SO great to "meet" up again

the clamshells-from-drunkard's-path is genius, will keep popping on for progress

and love the virtual tour of Andi's house

cartulinas said...

I love Andi's house! can I move in?

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

That's a clever way to make clamshells! Sounds like you had a fun time at Andi's house. :)

meli B said...

Yum - Lindt. I have some daily. Essential eating!

Sarah said...

Those clamshells are DIVINE!! And what a great idea... making them with drunkard's path templates. So clever. I can't wait to see how you make them Cathy.

Brianna said...

Love her Clam shells! Lucky girl to get all those lovely things in the mail. My supermarket has that Lindt flavour if you need more!