Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Lovely Dresden

Now that my Single Girl quilt top is done (yet to be quilted!), I have started another quiltalong. The gorgeous Lynne from Lily's Quilts is hosting a Dresden QAL.


I am only going to make one block however as I have so many other projects I need to get finished and this is a large block. This quilt will be for a friend who is into pink at the moment, so firstly I grabbed a few pinks out of my stash to see which ones were happy to be made into a dresden.


The pink fabrics with touches of orange screamed loudest, so they won!!!


For the background I'm using a gorgeous jacobean type black and white fabric called Salt & Pepper, I just love it.


You can see more beautiful dresden blocks over at Lily's quilt flickr page.

On another subject, I've been trying to play around with my blog 'look' and somehow have changed some colours but not others. I really have no idea what I'm doing, if anyone has any good hints or ideas, I would love to hear them, I am fairly computer illiterate!! So if my blog is looking a little weird for a while, or even disappears all together, you know I have been playing around with the html code (whatever that is!!!) xo

14 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

That's gong to be a stunning block. I love all those pinks. Sorry, can't help you with your html code, I'm as clueless as you (or probably more so). I'm doing these things by the "hit and miss" method.

Andi said...

Love all those bright pinks!!
xx

meli B said...

Great choice of colours. Hilarious comment about the changing colours to your blog. I figure, if it's not broken, don't touch it! I'm okay with the PC but terrified that if I make a mistake I will lose everything. Not sure if there is an undo button on changing how a blog looks.

Janet said...

I love the pinks you've chosen Cathy, should look really good when you're done.
When I changed the colours on my blog, I didn't have much of a clue either but played around. Nothing will change unless you click save.

Crispy said...

Oooo this block is lovely :0) So bright and cheerful!!

As for playing with the HTML, I hope you made a backup of your original set up first. That way you can't loose your blog completely :0) If you are using the Design area in blogger, you will be able to change things pretty easily and won't hurt your blog in the process.

Crispy

Stephanie said...

Oh how I love a dresden, any and all! I've never made the rounded edge ones...just the pointed ones. Have fun-your colors are awesome.

Jackie said...

Love the colors that you chose, but then again those are my favorites!! Can't wait to see what yours will look like.

Marcy said...

I am a HUGE fan of your work and blog. Another favorite of course is Quiltsalott...beautiful. I only wish I was closer to you both. I noticed that you follow Sew Many Ways, another favorite, she has been giving some insight, and step by step instructions on the computer side of things that may be worth looking at or asking for help there.
Marcy/Canada

Barb said...

love love love those pink fabrics!!

Jackie said...

I just love pink and orange together! I'm looking forward to seeing your dresden.

Sew Many Ways... said...

You always have the most beautiful fabrics. I just love the Dresden plate. For a little blog help...go to your dashboard, click design and then click template design. In that screen, a portion of your blog appears on the bottom. On the far left are design elements. The last one is advanced. If you click on that, you can change some colors and see what they look like on your blog before you commit to it. They won't change unless your click the "Apply to Blog" button. I need to backup my blog just in case. I was thinking of a few changes too.
Good luck,
Karen

Nedra said...

What a fun quilt along. I can see why you joined.

alobsiger said...

Oh lovely! You know I do love a good wedge-y circle! Your pink choices will make for a delightful circle! I love what Lynne has done with the Sherbet Pips too.

Donna~~ said...

Wow--your pinks are fantastic together--absolutely delicious looking!