Saturday, September 17, 2011

Come along and Bloggers Bom with me!

I'm very excited to announce the start of the Free Bloggers Bom hosted by the wonderful Jackie over at Canton Village Quilt Works. Jackie has lined up 12 bloggers to design a block each, and do a tutorial on their blog on the 25th of each month for everyone to follow. I am fortunate to be amongst the list of 12 bloggers, my block will be shown in May next year, yay! 



Jackie sent us all these gorgeous Kaffe fabrics to design our blocks with.... 



...but you don't have to use these particular fabrics if you are going to follow along with this bom. As well as posting my block next May, I am going to follow along and make up all 12 blocks too, though I may do mine in solids, or florals, I'm undecided as yet! If you are going to join up with us, don't forget to show your blocks in our flickr group each month. Check out Jackies post here for the list of other bloggers who will be designing these blocks as well as any instructions and information you will need. Each month I will let you know whose blog to go to for your next bom block. And in twelve months time we will each have made a beautiful, scrappy quilt together!! 


On another note, I must share a sign I found at my local cafe yesterday...




my sentiments exactly!! xo

18 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats Cathy on being asked to contribute. I'm not surprised as you do wonderful work. I have put the image on my blog, but can't get the link to work.( have tried about 5 times.LOL)

Cathy said...

Hi Sue, The link html code is on Jackies site, it should work if you grab that instead of the one on mine!! xo

Oops-Lah said...

I'm in! Looking forward to it. I was wondering if there's a fabric requirement list out already? I'm in the process of ordering fabrics, so it would be great if I could include them. Thanks Cathy!

Jodie said...

Congratulations - I'll be following along from the sidelines.

Andi said...

Cathy, you are da BOM!!!
he he ... I crack myself up sometimes ;)
xx

Miriam said...

I'm in! :)

Congratulations on being selected to contribute a block design!

Cardygirl said...

I was so thrilled when I saw your name on Jackie's blog...how exciting! Congratulations...I will try to stitch along...see what life throws at me!

Maree: said...

Congratulations So Pleased that you were Asked...
Looking forward to seeing what you Design..
cheers

Nedra said...

Jackie has lined up some of my most favorite people, including YOU! I already know I will love your design.

Teresa said...

Looking forward to the BOM...I may have to save that caffeine saying for a project in the future...

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

How exciting Cathy, congratulations! Count me in for sure! The move was this weekend so I am now officially a proper local :)

pat sloan said...

i am the December girl.. maybe I will follow along too and make all the blocks!

Jan said...

Wonderful news Kathy even though I have never done a BOM, and most likely not this time, I will watch with interest.
And I love that coffee sign too.

Marit said...

This is a great idea! I look forward to seeing the block designs. Congratulations on being selected one of the designers! You and Kaffe is always a great match, Cathy!
; )

bearpaw said...

How exciting! I will go check out Jackie's post...

pomegranateandchintz said...

Well Done You! How exciting. Guess I'll have to say I'm in!!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun idea...I'll have to check it out. As for the coffee sign - sigh - I so miss my coffee....

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love the sign, and the ivy...it looks like it's a welcoming place. I don't handle caffeine very well. It doesn't keep me away, but I get twice as jumpy as usual, and I'm already jumpier than most. :D