Monday, September 26, 2011

The First Block...

...of the Bloggers Bom has started!!! Sherri of A Quilting Life was the first cab off the rank and has done up a great tutorial for her beautiful block. If you are joining in the fun, head over to find your instructions (here). I am still waiting for a little bit of fabric to arrive before I totally commit to a colour scheme and begin my first block. Hopefully soon.


Also I have spread my wings into the world of twitter! I had been resisting for a long time, but decided to give it a go. Don't really know what I'm doing over there but I have put a button on my sidebar to find me (I think!!).


By the way, these gorgeous photo's were taken by my 14 y.o. son, you can see that photography is already a passion for him!

12 comments:

nicolette said...

Your son has an eye for great pictures!

fiberchick said...

These are just great shots. I can see some beautiful quilts being made inspired by them...

Nifty Quilts said...

Yes! Your son is already talented.

mieke said...

your son definetly has the eye, Cathy! Beautiful pictures. Great first bloggers bom block to!!!!! x M

Sharon said...

Your son is certainly gifted in photography! Those are excellent pics!
I'm joining in on the Blogger's Block too but need to figure out what color scheme I want to use.

Catherine said...

Your son's photography skills are showing great promise! Beautiful photos! Hope you enjoy twitter. I joined up a few months back but still really have no clue how to use it to it's full potential. I think I need a fancier phone somehow :-)

pomegranateandchintz said...

Great photos by your son. Obviously gets his artistic talent from his mother! Good luck with that twitter thing - I have NO idea!!

Miriam said...

Congratulations to your DS for his great photography!

I can't decide on fabrics for my Bloggers BOM! I might need to make 2!

Janet said...

Your son takes awesome photos, I'm doing a photography class this weekend, maybe I'll be able to take shots like your 14 year old, lol.

Barb said...

He does have a talent, love the photos!!

Jackie said...

Wow, I love the photos! He has a great eye! Yay for you taking the plunge to twitter. I, too, have resisted. not sure if I will ever make the plunge.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Wow, excellent photos! I have a twitter account, but I don't use it unless there's a giveaway involved. :)