You may remember my mission was to take some old fabrics that had been in my stash unused for a long time (8 yrs +)...
...and to mix them with some newer fabrics in my stash.
I love the result.
Some of the brightness had to be tea dyed out of the whiter fabrics first (here) and I'm happy to say that the dye has stayed put after the first wash.
Another shot with blossom in front, don't worry, the blossom around here will be finished soon and then there will be no more blossom shots!!!
For the backing I used a gorgeous flannel from Amy Butler...
The binding is also an Amy Butler called Wallflower.
It is quilted solely by hand using (of course) perle 8 thread, just stitching straight lines across the quilt spaced about 1 1/2 inches apart. I used coloured threads to match the colours of the fabrics.
The hand quilting along with the flannel back have made such a soft, snuggly quilt. My young friend who turns 18 on Tuesday is going to love it I'm sure! xo