Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bloggers Bom Block Three

The lovely Stephanie (Loft Creations) designed our third bloggers bom block and I just love her split star block. Her great instructions are here. Once again I have made two blocks using the gorgeous crayonlike fabrics from Keiko Goke. A darker one...


and a lighter one...


You can see many other bloggers bom blocks over on our flickr page, they are all looking so beautiful. Our fourth block will be bought to us by the gorgeous Pat Sloan around Christmas (can you believe it is nearly Christmas time again?!!).

Talking about Christmas my SSCS pressie has been made, posted and received. It is such an exciting time of year when you are waiting for a handmade present to arrive from an unknown international destination! Tomorrow I will show how to make a very quick and easy Christmas Decoration for your tree. xo

16 comments:

Shocking Hocking said...

love that keiko fabric cathy - i've seen a few of thhose blocks on flickr and have to say they come alive in this fabric - excellent choice

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your blocks are gorgeous and the colors are so happy and uplifting!

Jackie said...

They look fabulous! I love them both!

One Little Thread said...

Oh Wow! I think yours are the best versions I have seen yet! Just love Keiko's fabrics

Lurline said...

So beautiful, Cathy - as usual I'm so impressed!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Letterpress said...

This just leapt out at me from off of the screen--so wonderful. I'll have to head over to the Flikr group and take a look! Great blocks!

Elizabeth E.
occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Your blocks are going to look sooooooo fantastic all together!

ms lottie said...

Intrigued by that lovely looking ornament! And my tree is a bit bare so I'll be looking forward to instructions.

Oops-Lah said...

Oh those fabrics again! I'm swooning ;). Looking forward to tomorrow's tutorial. Probably will get me side tracked again as I should be writing my Christmas cards, but what the heck!!!

Marit said...

Thank you for sharing this eye candy!

Nedra said...

Block #3 turned out wonderful! Love those fabrics. I noticed you made 2. Personal choice, or did I miss the instuctions?

*karendianne. said...

Wow! What a great use of color. Amazing. You've really got talent. I'm so glad I'm up and awake and here to see this stunning work. :)

Helena said...

Love your fabric choices, always inspired by them

Talin's Corner said...

I love that Keiko Goke fabrics. You did a great job using them on your star blocks.

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

looks fabulous Cathy!!! love those fabrics!!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous. I love the description of the fabric colors--crayon like indeed.