Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SSCS, A Birthday & Honeycomb

Recently my SSCS pressie arrived in the post all the way from the Netherlands! Now according to the wonderful Christmas elf Chookyblue, I have to wait patiently until Christmas morning to open my present, but I can open my handmade ornament...which I did...straight away!! Oh wow, look what Judith made me....


There are six sides on this amazing ornament, each one of them Judith has stitched carefully and lovingly. It is such a beautiful thing to be able to hang something on my tree made just for me from someone on the other side of the world. Thank you Judith and thank you Chookyblue for organising this years swap! After Christmas I will be able to show the big present that Judith made for me, as well as the one I made for my secret swap partner.


The other thing that happened this week was that I turned 44 last Saturday. It's funny, I really didn't enjoy turning 44, perhaps the number is too even for my liking, which means 45 should be much better next year, heehee! I had a lovely day and was spoilt by my family and friends, even though I also picked up a virus and ended up in bed for a day and a half!!  Feeling much better now.


I also share my birthday with gorgeous Michelle (Quilted Tortoise) who had a big one this year... happy 40th for last Saturday Michelle.

And I just have to show some of my dotty honeycomb kei that also came in the mail recently. Purchased from the lovely and always helpful Yuki over at La Chakra, I just adore these kei dots from Japan.


Oh, and don't forget to look out for our fourth bloggers bom block, a little birdie told me it will be out just after Christmas! xo

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday, my friend!! 44 is a good year, 45 even better! Love your pressie and can't wait to see more. Loving all your BOM blocks, just loving them! Merry Christmas.

Marjorie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'll keep you posted...I'm 1.5 years ahead of you. Let me know what I should beware of.

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes Cathy! I can't beleive you had to work and then got sick, you poor thing! Hopefully the Kei honeycombs have made up for it - they are possibly my most favourite fabric ever; certainly my most used! mx

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cathy!

Dan R said...

That quilt block cross stitch cube ornament is fantastic. If that's just the appetizer I can't wait to see the rest. And happy birthday to you! You are exactly 11 days older than me, and I have to agree this one is shaping up a yawner. 44 is such a boring number, a very poor exchange for the prime 43.

Barb said...

Wonderful ornaments....and Happy Birthday to you!!!

Love the fabric...I am sitting here drooling.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Oops-Lah said...

Happy Birthday Cathy. 44 is not a bad year at all; the Chinese don't like the number four, but two fours make eight and that's a very auspicious number. So you'll have a fantastic year ahead (just believe it and it will happen ;).... Love the cross stitched ornament. I'm amazed at blog land and how it changed the way we can interact with the whole world. Merry Christmas!

Marit said...

A late Happy Birthday, Cathy!
Wish you a wonderful Christmas, and look forward to see more of those lovely Keiko Goke blocks popping up on your block...
; )

Janet said...

Happy birthday for last week, you spring chicken you, lol. The decoration is gorgeous, I really must join in for next year.
Your blocks look fabulous in Keiko Goke fabrics!

Miriam said...

Happy Birthday, Cathy!!! You were ten years old the day I got married!

Sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Your blogger's bom blocks are gorgeous!! Looove those fabrics!

Have a Happy and Blessed Christmas!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Cathy! I hope you are all better now. xx

Maree: said...

Happy Birthday for last Saturday...sorry to hear you were sick..your Ornie is Wonderful.
cheers

Nifty Quilts said...

Hippo birdy to you!! Wishing you lovely surprises all year. Your blog entries are always cheer me.

Anna said...

wow! The ornament is beautiful and definitely an heirloom! Happy Belated Birthday!

meli B said...

Happy Birthday Cathy, you are still a spring chick. I never worry about the numbers anymore, in fact I often forget how old I am because I am too busy acting like a kid.
Fabulous Christmas present from OS, looking forward to seeing what you made.

Samelia's Mum said...

Happy Birthday!! Love your blocks. The colours are AMAZING!!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday to you - can't wait to see all the secret santa pressies. Love your ornament

Nanette Merrill said...

I love those colorful blocks. They speak to me.

Chookyblue...... said...

happy belated birthday.........

love the ornament you received in the SSCS...........enjoy

pomegranateandchintz said...

Belated Birthday Wishes to You! Gorgeous ornament you received.