Saturday, December 3, 2011

This Time Last Week...

...my friend Deb and I were stitching away at The Grange at Lancefield, near the beautiful Macedon Ranges. We had joined up with a group of women on their stitching retreat, hosted by the gorgeous Jenny K from Amitie. When Jenny blogged that there were a couple of tickets left we jumped at the chance to go. It was a fantastic set up at The Grange, lovely rooms to stay in, beautiful grounds, an amazing chef who helped us put on a few kilo's each, and a great room to sit as a group and work away at whatever we had chosen to sew all weekend.


We were very inspired by the stitching going on in that room, unfortunately I didn't get photo's of everything, but here are a few, this first is a beautiful hand pieced star by Catherine using a beautiful Liberty rose in the centre...


Next up a gorgeous Amy Butler cushion by Gillian and gorgeous braid quilt by Aileen...


Jane was making a very eye-catching quilt in pinks and greys (my bad photography skills don't show off the amazing colour in this quilt)...


A lovely Jane Brocket quilt (Purple Rain) being made by Rebecca (my photo again not the best!)...


Teena was making a stunning Mr Men quilt, how gorgeous is that?...


My friend Deb was making delightful monster pillows (pattern Little Monsters) for her nephews, I adore the colours in these...


I missed getting a photo of Chris' amazing red and white quilt, Amanda's beautiful navy and taupe hand pieced blocks, Pams incredible applique bird blocks, Moya was stitching up some beautiful applique's (I wish I had a pic of her ginger jar) and Jenny was working on a gorgeous quilt for a magazine coming out next year. Poppy arrived on Sunday and was also working on a beautiful hand pieced quilt.

I just worked on getting my next round of paper pieces done for my star quilt...


and getting some of my Flower Garden blocks ready to stitch...



Thank you ladies for such a wonderful weekend full of stitching goodness and so much laughter!
Now I need to plan to drive up to Amitie again soon, they are having a great sale. xo

13 comments:

fiberchick said...

All these quilts are beautiful but your Keiko Goke Flower Garden blocks could seduce me into a life of crime!

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

What a beautiful set of projects! I particularly love Catherine's star and the Mr Men quilt.

Jackie said...

What a great weekend!! Fun quilts and great friends leads to a good time for sure. Your blocks are looking amazing as usual!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lots of creativity happening there! Thanks for sharing!

Oops-Lah said...

Love all the projects! Must have been great to spend a whole weekend stitching together. And I still love your Flower Garden blocks; they are just so unusual and beautiful.

Nifty Quilts said...

What a talented bunch! I'm glad you had a lovely retreat.

Kathie said...

what fun to see all the wonderful projects
thanks for sharing . oh your new blocks are beautiful.....
Kathie

Teje said...

Hi Cathy! What a lovely post! Like the last one, too which I somehow missed. I love your flower block - they are beautiful and so unique!
Have a lovely weekend!
x Teje

Julierose said...

What lovely projects all! I especially {heart} the monsters pillow...soooo darling Julierose

Sheila said...

Wow! Great projects! Such talented ladies!

Susie said...

Such fun! One day I'd love to go on a retreat to stitch! Gotta love Amitie too!

Marit said...

Sounds like the best times - all the creativity and happy company!
Your Keiko blocks are to die for..... fantastic!
; )

Cardygirl said...

Great projects..looks like a good retreat!