Thursday, December 15, 2011

Treehouse Textiles

There is a buzz going on down here on the Mornington Peninsula and I'm so excited to be a small part of it.  A very talented Mother and Daughter team (Sarah and Emma) are launching a new craft destination called Treehouse Textiles very early in the new year.


The Mornington Peninsula is renowned for its beautiful coastline and bay areas, stunning wineries, galleries and cafe's and now we will have our very own workspace, set on a magnificent 50 acre property overlooking a secluded lake. I have visited the site and I can tell you it is simply breathtaking.


Creativity will abound here as crafters take workshops in modern quilt making, dress making and crochet, with amazing lunches provided by a local chef.


Emma and Sarah will be inviting wonderful guest teachers to provide varied workshops throughout the year, I know that the gorgeous Nicole Mallalieu will be teaching here next year (I recently attended a bag class of Nicole's and learnt so much about bag making, see my bag here).

Emma herself is an incredible lady who has been running a successful children's clothing label Yknot Designs, selling her range at craft fairs and to shops in Australia and New Zealand. Her enthusiasm is infectious and I've been thrilled to get to know Emma and be inspired by her over the past few months.

I'm also incredibly excited to tell you that Emma and Sarah have asked me to come and teach a couple of classes for them next year, yay!!! I will be teaching the wonderful x and + and o blocks from this quilt...


and this one...


I adore these blocks and find them very addictive and fun to make.

For further information about this fabulous new venture and to subscribe to the monthly newsletter so you can keep an eye on all the happenings at Treehouse Textiles, pop over to their webpage here.

I look forward to seeing you there. xo

23 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful place to spend some time stitching and creating. Enjoy! Wish I could join in, but alas it will not be. Love those quilts as well. :0)

Andi said...

Yay!!!! With our new place in Sorrento, I my actually be able to get there at some stage.
xx

Nifty Quilts said...

What a beautiful place! Congratulations on your teaching assignment. I would definitely come if I were on your continent!

Janet said...

How exciting to have such a wonderful place, I wish I lived there now. Congratulations, it doesn't surprise me that you'll be teaching there, you are a star quilter!

Oops-Lah said...

Sounds and looks wonderful.

Shocking Hocking said...

that's fantatstic - what a resource in my own backyard!!

Kelli said...

Congrats on being asked to teach.. those blocks are great.. and your quilts are gorgeous. What a fun place to have so close by, I will have to check out there website. :)

Barb said...

What a fun opportunity, love your quilts!

Bronwyn said...

Ooh I love a new place to retreat to - very very tempted to join in with your +andx class and Just Make More! They are so much fun! Just signed up with their newsletter so look forward to seeing what else is in store.

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Woo hoo, how exciting and fabulous will this be??????

Julierose said...

I really like the x and + o blocks quilt--it is so delightfully scrappy--on my list for this upcoming year....right now am beginning to explore a spiderweb scrappy one...happy holiday season Julierose

LJ said...

What a wonderful adventure for you! I want to ask you if you made your plus and x blocks bigger than badskirts tutorial. for some reason they appear bigger in the photos. next year i will get back to mine. i'm working on finishing a few quilts that need to be finished. in other words i need to diminish some piles before starting new piles. :)

Miriam said...

Wow!! Congratulations Cathy!! Exciting news!
I'm off to look at the website. :)

Nedra said...

Now that is what I call a RETREAT!
I wish I lived close enough to take a class from you:)

Marit said...

This sounds like a wonderful way to start a new year!
; )
I would love to come if I lived closer...

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...and your quilt looks great too...more incentive to head south!

Sarah said...

I have signed up! I hope to make it down for a workshop sometime in the second half of next year!

Quiltjane said...

A little quilted tortoise said it was your birthday. Happy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Quiltjane said...

A little quilted tortoise said it was your birthday. Happy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful day.

meli B said...

Sounds tempting. I'll have to sign up. I like those X O quilts but the block looks hard.

Lurline said...

Conratulations, Cathy - lucky students to share your expertise!
Big hugs - Lurline♥

pomegranateandchintz said...

Sounds like a fabulous place Cathy. I can see you'll be haunting it. Keep us posted re your class - would love to attend.

Anonymous said...

nice idea..thanks for sharing....