Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Inspirational!

Prior to Christmas I talked about the fabulous new craft destination here on the Mornington Peninsula...Treehouse Textiles. This Saturday Treehouse Textiles will be opening its doors for the first time and I am very excited, especially as I will be teaching here in March.


Emma and Sarah have transformed what was a successful Bed & Breakfast locality and recreated it into an inspiring, welcoming Crafting Space. As I wandered around when I visited the other day, I couldn't help being touched by all the beautiful little details the girls have added to make the place so special. 


Ooh I love that bobbin tree, might have to make my own, perhaps with little twigs in a vase! And check out that gorgeous yarn below, not to mention the view out the window!!

 If you click on any of these pictures you will see more detail.

Coloured knitting needles and paint chips, gorgeous!


Divine fabric with more on its way...


As for the class/sewing room, talk about a room with a view!!! Ducks, Cape Barren Geese and Kangaroos are some of the wildlife that visit this stunning lake and bushland surrounds. Crafting here will be a lavish experience.


I will be teaching the Japanese x and + block....


as well as my variation of the block, the o and + block...


...or, the hugs and kisses blocks!!! My hugs quilt top is almost completed, I can't wait to show it, I'm addicted to making these blocks. Find more information about Treehouse Textiles or sign up for their newsletter here. Or check out here to sign up for a day with me and these hugs and kisses blocks!

On the subject of beautiful things, have you seen some of Philip Jacobs soon to be released fabrics? I HAVE to have some of this one...


Well with a name cabbage quilts, what did you expect?!!! The one below is mouthwatering too, I adore that brilliant orange background and lush flowers. I know for sure that Jackie will be selling them soon, and so will Liza. xo

23 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks divine and congratulations of the teaching gig.

Nedra said...

I can see why you find the sewing space so inviting. Oh, to live nearby...

imquilternity said...

Yes! Congratulations on teaching. That's wonderful....wish I could be there to take a class with you!

Cardygirl said...

Exciting times...am popping over now!

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

It looks wonderful!

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks like a very inspiring place. Oh, if I could only beam myself over there and take the class from you!

Christine said...

What a great place to go, be lovely teaching there enjoy

jean said...

Cathy That fabric is MUST have, I love cabbages too. I hope to visit the Mornington Peninsular one day I have been told it is beautiful.
Enjoy your teaching gig

nicolette at dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on the teaching Cathy! What a thrill to work in such a beautiful place!

Marit said...

Please share more of your class with us, later. It looks like a beautiful and fun place to be. Love your sample blocks!

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Yay, yay and more yay! I'm so excited to have Treehouse nearby and so looking forward to this class with you!

For those of you who haven't visited the Mornington Peninsula you really should come and see us!

Bluquilt said...

Wow, that fabric definitely has your name on it! Gorgeous!

Jan-Maree said...

That shop looks gorgeous - I have just passed your link to my Sister In Law who lives in Mt Eliza as she will love it too - love those blocks you are teaching and that cabbage fabric - yum!

alobsiger said...

Looks like a lovely shop! I'm excited for your teaching gig too! I spotted that cabbage fabric the other day and knew I'd have to have some. Love the pretty orange print too.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on your classes, Cathy!
Treehouse looks like it is in a wonderful location.

Looove those fabrics!

Jackie said...

Congrats on teaching there! Looks like a great shop and if I lived just a wee bit closer, I would sign up for your class in a heartbeat! Of course, I love the fabrics that you are showing, and yes both of those and MANY more are on order. (Thanks for the shout out) I just can wait to see them in person! YUM!

Stephanie said...

What a lovely new shop. Oh that orange fabric is really awesome!!!

Shocking Hocking said...

congrats cath - i wouldn't mind teaching there myself - i'll have to drop in and have look see

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a beautiful shop! You are going to have a happy time there!

Annie said...

What a fun place to be playing in and getting inspired!

Andi said...

Looks really lovely.
Hope you love teaching there!!
And that cabbage fabric is SOOOO you!!!!
xx

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Treehouse Textiles look like an inspiring place to browse and learn. Love the little bobbin tree!

meli B said...

Good Luck for the class. I love that block. I have been thinking about the X + block for a while. Just got too many things to finish first. I agree about the cabbage fabric. Stunning.