Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Stripey General

I am waaay behind gift making this year and this quilt top should have been made and given to a gorgeous friend turning 60...back in January, oops! These beautiful French General fabrics have been sitting in my stash for a while and it was just the right colour range for my friend.


It turned into a stripey quilt because I only had a small stash of these fabrics (fat quarters), and only two larger yard pieces (the two long red stripes in the centre of the quilt. They will also make up the backing).


The French General fabric is gorgeous, even down to the stripe and dot feature along the selvedge. I made sure some of that got into the quilt too.


I now have a few days in front of me with not much happening, so you will find me attached to my sewing machine, quilting away! xo

17 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Just lovely...what a fabulous gift! Enjoy the hum of your sewing machine!

Jackie said...

Your friend will love it even though it is a whee bit late! I know I wouldn't mind! Lovely!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Gorgeous fabric and a sweet gift Cathy!

Sheila said...

Love your sweet quilt :D
Beautiful fabrics.

Miriam said...

A great quilt, Cathy. The French General fabrics are gorgeous.

Enjoy your sewing time! :)

Annie said...

Gorgeous fabrics and a great design for using them. You have a very lucky friend!

Nedra said...

I remember when French General came out. Such a beautiful line.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beeeautiful! Your friend will be glad her birthday celebration continues with your quilt. Lucky friend!

Sandi said...

Great design Cathy! My daughter loves French General fabric too and has made some beautiful items with it. What a great gift!

Faith said...

Im behind on my hand made gift list for freinds too... but freinds understand.... I love the colours on the stripy quiltx

Oops-Lah said...

Gorgeous quilt Cathy! What a lovely gift and I'm sure your friend doesn't mind to wait for it.

Quiltesque said...

You are a great friend to make such lovely handcrafted gift. Cate

amitietextiles said...

Your friend can always say she hasn't turned 60 until all gifts are received....I am sure she will not mind waiting for this one!

meli B said...

I'm always drawn to those French General fabrics. Lucky friend, it will be worth waiting for.

Janet said...

I love the striipy Cathy. There's something special about French General.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

It's beautiful, and worth the small wait. ;D

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Gorgeous! I do so heart the General! Have a lovely Easter Cathy mx