Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Gorgeous Day & Sales!

One of the things I have most enjoyed about writing a blog, has been to meet up with other bloggers!! Today my non blog friend Deb and I travelled about an hour up to Amitie in Gardenvale to visit Jenny and her wonderful shop. We also met up with Merran (flickr), Melissa (Meli B is Making Things) and Miriam (Yellow Rose Quilts). Two hours flew as we caught up, chatted and laughed over the beautiful fabrics that Jenny's shop is so well known for. We didn't leave empty handed either but I will show that stash another time! I forgot to bring out my camera until after Merran left, but here we all are...


L to R...Melissa, Jenny (in back), Miriam, Deb, Me (2 photo's taken, both have me with eyes shut, I'm good at ruining a photo!!).

Afterwards, Miriam, Melissa, Deb and I popped into Patchwork on Central and picked up a couple more bits and pieces, then headed into Our Kitchen Table for lunch. This gorgeous cafe had a lovely homely feel about it with beautiful touches around the place like these stunning cabbage flowers...


...a lovely bowl of quinces (I think Miriam took a photo of them) and this amazing light shade, made out of fine bone china cups!


We were really taken with it (pics taken with Kev's permission, thanks Kev).


The whole place had such a welcoming feel, lovely food (I had the most delicious passionfruit cupcake) and great coffee, I will definitely be going back there next time I am up that way.


Thanks girls for a fabulous day! 


Another wonderful blogger who I haven't met in person yet, but will one day I'm sure...is Jackie from Canton Village Quilts Works. Did you know it was her birthday today? And to celebrate she is having a 23% sale in her shop, just for today. Pop over here to wish her a happy birthday, and here to check out her sale. 
Happy Birthday Jackie! xo




There are a couple of sales going on around here too...


...Jenny at Amitie is having a huge sale starting on the 26th - 30th June. Most fabrics down to $16mtr (not libertys and linens), books, patterns, etc, all on sale.


...Emma and Sarah at Treehouse Textiles are having an open day tomorrow (24th June) from 10am-4pm. All fabrics 10% off and some fabrics down to $10/mtr. Pop in for coffee and a chat, you never know who you might see there! xo

17 comments:

Jackie said...

OMG... I lOVE that chandelier! How clever!! What a great day that you had... those Cabbage Flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for the birthday shout out, my friend! XOXOXO

Nedra said...

The china cup light shade is beautiful! And I agree, a day with the friends we meet through quilting is the best.

Anna said...

WOW, I could hardly concentrate after seeing that beautiful original bone china light! No matter how many photos you take it seems someone's eyes are closed! lol

Oops-Lah said...

You clearly had a wonderful day! I think these outings with other like minded friends are THE BEST!!! I have heard and read so much about AmitiƩ I really hope that one day I can visit this wonderful shop too.

Stephanie said...

Oh goodness gracious I LOVE the bone china tea cup light fixture. How fun to meet with friends and have a day of shopping and eating.

Chookyblue...... said...

wished I lived close to Amitie.......I would love to go to the shop.......nice you got to catch up with some other bloggers while you were there.........

Talin's Corner said...

Oh that lamp made with tea cups is gorgeous. I just love it. It is so unique.

meli B said...

I came home from our little morning out feeling very content. It is so lovely to be able to hang out with people I am connected to because of our love of sewing.

Cardygirl said...

Looks like lots of fun...love the teacups!

Nikki said...

Doesn't it just warm to cockles to hang out in like-minded company in gorgeous places? My heart feels warm and fuzzy and I wasn't even there!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Enjoyed all your pictures. That tea cup light fixture is awesome. Loved the picture of you. Even with your eyes closed you're a cutie.

Miriam said...

We all had a wonderful time! Thank you Cathy for organising the day. :)

Barb said...

those tea cups are fabulous!

Janet said...

You visited some of the best shops! I love the chandelier, wouldn't that be great to have?

PatSloan said...

road trips are THE BEST Cathy!!!

Bronwyn said...

So sorry I missed your gettogether! Kitchen Table is a fave of mine too - the teacups and the vintage spoons pull me in everytime - next time for sure!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

How incredibly fun. I love getting together with friends. That light fixture is to die for. Simply amazing.