Thursday, June 14, 2012

Show & Tell & Bits & Pieces!

Firstly I want to thank everyone who commented on my sad star quilt last post. I apologise I only got about half answered, but I have read and loved every single one. Again I am reminded how wonderful and generous people in blogland are. But more about this quilt and comments when I have some pics to show.


You know that I've been teaching the hugs and kisses quilt (japanese x and +) at Treehouse Textiles, and then we had a how to assemble your quilt top and finish your quilt day. One of the gorgeous girls that came to both classes was Diana. A week or so ago she sent me some photo's of her beautiful, finished quilt....


Isn't it a beauty? Diana has quilted it using both machine quilting and hand quilting with perle 8 threads. I adore the colours she has used, and they look fabulous in this photo where the colours have been saturated...


Diana's son is the recipient of this quilt and I think the huge smile on his face says it all!


Diana is off on her second quilt and I cannot wait to see what she creates. One of the wonderful things about teaching at Treehouse has been meeting lovely people and making new friendships. I have another assemble your quilt class this Saturday at Treehouse and I'm really looking forward to that!

I've been busy here but nothing much to show at the moment. Working on a couple of quilts for magazines so hope to bring some sneak peeks soon. Also received Kathy's gorgeous book
Making Quilts... the Promise of Joy in the mail a few weeks ago so will do a book review soon too.

Also, have you seen the lovely Lynne from Lily's Quilts post on how do I grow my blog? Particularly for newer bloggers, a great read and Lynne included my blog in there too (thank you Lynne, blush!).

Also (I did tell you it was a bits & pieces post!!) planning on a trip up to Amitie on Saturday 23rd June around 10ish if anyone is around and wants to meet up, will do coffee after a fabric shop! Send me an email if interested.

Coffee photo from my gorgeous sister, she makes the most amazing coffee!

So what bits & pieces are you up to this week? xo

8 comments:

Janet said...

I wish I could join you for a coffee. I love that you've shared Diana's lovely quilt, how proud her son looks and it's gorgeous so she must be just as thrilled.

heartsofhampshire said...

If I lived in oz I would be there for coffee, but sadly I am too far away! Love the quilt by Diana, it's beautiful! That could be one for my to do list!
Heather x

Nedra said...

Every time I see one of your hugs and kisses quilts I want to drop everything I'm doing and make one right then! So tempting, but I must finish a few projects first. And then I will start!

Kathie said...

I would love to meet you for coffee :)
someday!
what a happy boy , love the quilt , love that pattern!
Kathie

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely post! I had to go and make myself a coffee after seeing the cup your sister made!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Diana's quilt is great--marvelous fabrics and colors. I agree with everybody about your star quilt--it's very lovely because it shimmers and dances.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Susie said...

Coffee would be great but I have to take the kids swimming!! arrggh. I need to get to Amitie too....(love that shop!).

Bronwyn said...

Have you seen amities big sale? Would you like to move your visit til then. Love to catch up for chat!