Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Little Quilts

I'm so excited to be a part of the third Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. I've made up a mosaic of lots of my flickr favourites, so my partner can get some idea of what I like...

doll swap mosaic by Cabbage Quilts

doll swap mosaic, a photo by Cabbage Quilts on Flickr. 
Follow the above doll swap mosaic link to see who has made all these divine creations, 
I have somehow stuffed up the link here, but I got it right over on flickr!!


...mmm do you get the idea I rather like a lot of colour? Colour and linens and text fabrics and liberty and hand quilting and machine quilting and epp and fpp and applique and, and, and.....does that help?!! Very soon you will be able to start seeing wonderful creations over on the DUDQS3 flickr page here. Already the mosaics over there are looking fabulous.

Another thing I adore is the very special little package my postie bought to me (don't we love our postie's?) all the way from Michael at Oakshott in the UK. 


I have always drooled over Oakshott cottons and now I know why, they are absolutely delectable! Look at the shimmer and shine in these beautiful ruby reds


Now I'm off to design up a little quilty something to showcase these gems of gorgeousness. 

8 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

Those Oakshotts look amazing! And what a colour palette! The new quilty creation is going to be luscious!

Janet said...

I love the Oakshots, so delectable! Wouldn't it be great to have every colour. I like your mosaic, I'm with you on the text fabrics with colourfuls.

Oops-Lah said...

Gorgeous fabrics and gorgeous little quilts. I treated myself to an Oakshott colour box with all 100 coulors in it but now I am too afraid do use it.... silly I know.

Shocking Hocking said...

oooh, lucky girl - looking fwd to seeing them :)

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Those Oakshotts look fabulous! I've been humming and hawing and looking at them here I think I need to take the plunge!!

Deb said...

The Oakshot cottons are stunning, I wonder what you'll make? Look forward to seeing another beautiful creation. Your mosaic is gorgeous too, get the feeling you love colour!

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Oooooh!! I've been wanting to order some Oakshott's for ages!! Will seeing yours enable me to buy some for myself??? Have to keep up with the neighbours don't I?!?!?! Maybe we can fantasise about sharing an order of one of those ridiculously big boxes???

Pillow Talk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.