Friday, August 24, 2012

Hexa Go-Go Book Tour

Have you seen this gorgeous book around the traps recently?


I was thrilled when Tacha Bruecher asked me to be a part of her inaugural book tour. Tacha is a quilt designer and teacher who blogs under Hanies Quilts and is part of the fabulous Fat Quarterly design team.


I adore hexagons of any sort, and it has been wonderful to flick through Tacha's book where she brings the sometimes old-fashioned hexie into our modern world with great flair. Tacha has included wonderful, clear instructions on various 'how to' methods for making the hexies, different stitching styles and pattern suggestions for great quilting ideas.


In Tacha's own words...Hexagons are so wonderfully portable - quilting's answer to knitting! I totally agree with her. Whenever we have to drive long distances I try and make sure I pack some hexies to work on in the car.


You will find 16 beautiful projects in this book from table mats to wallhangings to quilts and other projects in between! My personal favourites are where she has mixed text fabrics with colour to produce eye-catching designs.


Keep an eye out for the rest of the Hexa Go-Go book tour. Oh, and if you pop back to Katy at
I'm a Ginger Monkey and Sew Mama Sew blogs, they are having a giveaway for this book.


August 20th – Katy Jones from I’m a Ginger Monkey
August 22nd – Beth Wilson from Sew Mama Sew
August 24th – Cathy Underhill from Cabbage Quilts
August 27th – Lynne Goldsworthy from Lily’s Quilts
August 29th – Jennifer Mathis from Ellison Lane
August 31st – Angela Pingel from Cut to Pieces
September 3rd – Jeni Baker from In Color Order
September 5th – Nettie from A Quilt is Nice
September 7th – Lissa Alexander from Moda Lissa
September 10th – Sarah Fielke from The Last Piece
September 12th – Michele Pacy from Michele Made Me
September 14th – Kimberly Jolly from The Jolly Jabber
September 17th – Aneela Hoey from Comfort Stitching
September 19th – John Adams from Quilt Dad
September 21st – Elizabeth Hartman from Oh Fransson!

20 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Isn't it amazing how hexagons have made a come back? I, like many other, love hexagons as they are so versatile.

Nedra said...

Such a great book. I was able to see it up close yesterday while I was visiting my local quilt shop.

Teresa said...

Oooo! I saw this book yesterday at the AQS Grand Rapids quilt show...it is so beautiful! I always love to see your hexie projects!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Janet said...

I haven't seen the book yet, it looks like a great one. I think hexagons have been really popular all over again in the last few years.

Donna~~ said...

Looks like some neat ideas for hexagons! Thanks for another temptation! :)

TerryKess said...

I learned how to make hexies this summer and now they're EVERYWHERE! I'm so excited to see these projects - they're all beautiful!

Rosa said...

Great projects.The book looks fun!!

Erin and Daniel Palmer said...

I've never sewn with hexagons, but I sure would love to try it sometime. eatkin85@yahoo.com

OhioLori said...

Have never made Hexie's before....but have always loved them from afar! Maybe this book wouold help me not to be such a chicken to try them finally! LOL

Marcia W. said...

Thanks for sharing the photo of the text hexies, and your use of text fabric for flower stems is ingenious too! I enjoyed your featured quilter interview with Pat Sloan.

Lee said...

i love the rainbow hexie quilt! thank you !

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sou totalmente viciada em.Agora estou fazendo paisagens de natal usando gráficos de ponto cruz,fica lindo e do tamanho que a gente quer,até uma colcha-paisagem....Quer tentar?Beijos.

Deb said...

This looks like such a great book and I just love that rainbow hexie quilt!

Jane S. said...

It looks like a great book! I agree, hexies are really good to carry around.

ritainalaska said...

am enjoying this hexie book tour:) and the hexie project i'm working on now. looking forward to more hexie projects!

hueisei said...

Great book! I always love EPP

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love hexagons too, and I love a good peek in a book. :)

Ann Ferguson said...

Oh Wow! What a beautiful book!

ARaDA said...

Looks like a wonderful book, thanks for the chance to win a copy :)

Unknown said...

You have to love the hexagon! Would love to read this book. Thanks, Anna