Monday, October 29, 2012

Running around in happy Circles...

...because of this...!


Woohoo, I adored Jen Kingwells Circle Game quilt when it was released as a Block of the Month at Amitie a couple of years ago, but because I hadn't yet started my Green Tea and Sweet Beans BOM that I had purchased the year before, I told myself I wasn't allowed to get it. But now Jen has released these amazingly gorgeous patterns in booklet form, and I am so thrilled to have it in my collection!! Beautifully photographed by Lucy (Amitie Girl), the instructions are very well written and wonderfully presented.


It is so lovely to be able to own Green Tea and Sweet Beans and also The Circle Game patterns in these beautiful booklets.


I have even made a start (finally) on my GT&SB blocks. I hadn't started these because I wanted to hand piece them all, which I hadn't learnt how to do until recently! Now I am addicted to hand piecing and I can get going on these beautiful blocks...(click on the pic to see closer!)


My stitches are slowly getting smaller (a way to go yet!), I love how the back looks, especially after a good press!


Also arriving in the mail (great mail day) from Amitie, was the next offering in the stash builders club! Aren't these divine? I think some of these will have to go into my Circle Game blocks. Joining a stash club like this is a great way to get many different fabrics, without having to buy larger amounts. Fabulous!


Anyone else making either of these quilts? Send me a link to yours if you want, I would love to see! xo

17 comments:

Kathie said...

I love that circle game quilt, wow
I can even see making that with my repros! great design
thanks for sharing and wow what a nice pile of fabrics
a great mail day for you!
Kathie

Patchwork and Play said...

I'd really like to make the Circle Game quilt..one day! Perhaps I need to get the pattern first! It might go on my Christmas list! Your new fabrics are lovely! Is it too late to join in stash builder's club?

Salley said...

Very brave : You showing us your undies!

I cant get over how you make something so commonplace look totally original and out of this world. Your fabric selections and combinations are always so delightful.
And dont ever lose the fence . . its magic.

Angela said...

This month's fabrics are a-ma-zing!!! (And that's saying a lot because they are divine every other month too!

Angela said...

Forgot to add, I have made all the GTASB blocks by hand, and am currently about to put them all together (a couple of years late).Also, I am visiting Melb in December and I will be making a trip to Amitie to buy the Circle Game booklet for myself and a couple of friends - I didn't join the BOM also because I hadn't finished the Green Tea! I am currently making the Gypsy Wife quilt.

bec said...

I'm glad you mentioned you were starting your BOM for GTSB; I feel like that with the Circle Game one! here's my posts http://beccasauras.blogspot.com.au/search/label/bom
I'm hand piecing it too, I keep getting distracted by other 'quicker' quilts. I'm handquilting a king size Single Girls Quilt at the moment, when that is done there is NO EXCUSE (shouted so that I'll do it haha)

Marg said...

I saw on the Amitie blog that the booklets had been released. It's fantastic news isn't it. I started The Circle Game BOM last year, but have only managed to complete 5 of the circles so far. Life kind of got in the way. It was slow going too, as I had never hand sewn before. Now that I'm settled into my new house, I'd like to try and work on the blocks a bit more frequently. I love the GTSB too....maybe one day!

Leigh said...

I've got the GTSB booklet but haven't started it yet. I'm so incredibly slow at hand piecing that I'm a bit intimidated by it :-/ And I need to collect some more fabrics for it!
I think it might need to be a new years resolution for 2013!
xx

Anna said...

wow the quilts are amazing and scary! I have a long way to go to be able to make one of those!

CathyK said...

I really like your blocks!!!! Great choice of fabrics!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Cathy! Both of the patterns are fantastic and I would love to have those booklets! It's so different to hold a book and see beautiful photos and also have the book with you where ever you sew. Enjoy! Beautiful fabrics, too! x Teje

Jodie said...

ooh, I love the idea of a stash building club.. I can see it as a way of trying new fabrics that i might not necessarily buy myself.

Doris said...

I adore her patterns, I'll have to add these to my collection. Maybe one year, I'll even get around to making them! ;-)

Denice Barker said...

Congratulations on joining the hand piecing/quilting people! I love the process of hand piecing and quilting. consequently I don't get as much done, but I don't care. It's peaceful.

Miriam said...

I am not making either of the quilts, but I do love your fabric choices!
Amitie's fabric club looks very tempting!

Susie said...

On my list.....someday. Still love the Georgetown on my mind too! Love Amitie!

Jackie said...

Wow... Loving the circle game quilt! And I am just amazed at your hand piecing skills. Just awesome. But as always your choice of fabrics is just wonderful!