Saturday, October 13, 2012

To Give & To Receive

There is something about making something for someone, putting in your time, your passion, your stabbed fingers!! and trying to create something lovely for them. Then, there is knowing that someone else has done exactly that for you! This is what happens in the DUDQS3. And I love that you get to see all the amazingly beautiful quilts in the DUDQS3 flickr group, but you never know which one will be yours until you get a knock on the door from your postie with a parcel just for you!!!

I was super blessed this week to receive this little beauty from Charlotte of Lawson and Lotti...


Wow, knock me down, isn't that folded star incredible? Charlotte has some beautiful photo's of her star quilt here and mentions that she followed the Moda Bakeshop fancy folded star tutorial here to make up her gorgeous version. Wow, a lot of work!


I love that she has used both machine quilting and hand quilting to really finish off this quilt and the binding in purple is beautiful. Charlotte knew that I love bright colours, stars and circles and of course, Kaffe fabrics. I love everything about this little Star Beauty.


Thank you so much Charlotte and for the gorgeous mug you made me and the extra fabric. I am so thrilled to have a gorgeous quilt made by you.


I also had a lot of fun making a quilt to be sent off to my partner. This is the finished quilt (measuring around 24 inches). Front...


Back...



You can get a little more info on this one here if you wish...


Arrived safely at its destination this week, yay!! To be very inspired and see more of these doll quilts, check the flickr group here. Have a lovely weekend. xo


18 comments:

Hope said...

Oh my, you lucky thing! It's gorgeous.

Marit said...

They are both very pretty. Wonderful to decorate your house with this beauty made specially for you!
; )

pandchintz said...

Charlotte's star is amazing - so much detailed work in that. Just stunning!

Patchwork and Play said...

They are both beautiful minis! I love the colour palette you chose for yours and the stitching on the folded star is perfect! enjoy it!

Charlotte said...

Ahhh thanks Cathy, I'm so glad that its being enjoyed in its new home. I love the mini that you made, its full of great fabrics. Its been such a fab swap with some really stunning minis made, I've so enjoyed being part of it

Deb said...

There have been lots of fabulous quilts made, such an amazing variety. These two are both stunning, in their own way. Go girls!

Jackie said...

WOW is right! Totally gorgeous! I think I might just want to make one myself. Very cool folded star. Oh and the one that you made is also quite stunning! Your partner is going to LOVE it!!

Miriam said...

Wow!! What an amazing quilt Charlotte made for you! I love the folded star! Stunning!

Your partner will be very pleased with her quilt too! I love the circle and star combination and I love the backing fabric.

Stephanie said...

You received an absolute treasure. You also always gift handmade beauties. Lovelies...both of them.

Sharon said...

Wow, that star is fabulous. I really admire this kind of work and I love the big stitch, perfect finishing touch.

Nifty Quilts said...

Both quilts are so generous and lovely. That star is amazing!

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Charlotte created such an amazing and thoughtful quilt that's perfect for you :)

The fact that we all know you love brights and that you can also create a quilt from a natural and softer palette shows what a wonderful and talented quilter you are!

meli B said...

Both quilts are fab and both have circles in them! The folded one is something I have never seen before - pretty special. I once went in a swap but I just couldn't handle the pressure. I just kept worrying that my partner wouldn't like the thing I was making.

Holly said...

Ok so every day I am still so happy that this quilt is really mine! Normally I hang my minis in my craft room - but this one is going up in my living room because I want to be able to see it all the time! Seriously - I am madly in love. And I can't believe you worried whether I would like it, because it's as if you took all my quilting crushes and loves and made them into the perfect mini quilt just for me! Thank you thank you xxx

h x

Oops-Lah said...

Wow, what a lovely little quilt you got, but then you also gave away an absolute beauty!

Tatkis said...

Wonderful mini-quilt, and your received star quilt is adorable!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Dee said...

Cathy, what a blessing to have someone think, plan and then put together such an awesome exchange just for you! It's beautiful!

The quilt you made to gift is amazing as well! Wow! I just love your quilts!

Susie said...

both adorable!