Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Winner and a Gratitude!

Firstly, who won two of the beautiful Jen Kingwell patterns? The winner is....number 12...Leeann from Quilt Whangarei in New Zealand. Let me know which two patterns you would like Leeann and I will get them out to you ASAP!!! It was fun to see which patterns everyone loved, I have to say that I think that Georgetown on my Mind had the most likes!

Secondly, of Gratitude! About six months ago I took a plunge and invited some local bloggers to join me in starting up a stitch group in my home. Since then we have begun sharing our meetings though each others homes, and have come to share many nights full of laughter, eating, show and tell, more laughter, and even some stitching does get done! Last Sunday we had our end of year break up out at Treehouse Textiles and wow, what a day we had!!! Firstly we had each made each other a small gift to swap, don't they all look gorgeous sitting here (and check out that amazing view of the lake out the window!)...


Later we shared a more stories and laughter over a divine meal, ooeee this was amazing!


A little walk to check out the lake...I think the ducks had disappeared to the other end with all our noise!


I am grateful...that I am a quilter. That because I am a quilter I can meet up with other quilters and quickly become good friends. I am blessed by this group and thankful that blogging about quilting has bought many wonderful friends into my life. Wow, getting a little deep tonight!!!

In other news, I have actually been doing a little quilting (though not as much as I would like) and will bring some Museum Medallion photo's to show tomorrow. Also, Treehouse Textiles is having an open weekend this Friday and Saturday (10am-4pm). Come and say Hi to Emma and I!


What are you grateful for today? xo



8 comments:

Dee said...

I'm thankful for all the usual things: family, friends, health, our home and my husband's job.

I'm also thankful to be able to have friends all over the world who share a hobby and passion and encourage me with their stories and photos!

Thanks Cathy! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the States! Wishing you and yours a year of blessings!

Anna said...

I am grateful that I am a quilter rather than a painter...the sharing, the group bonding fills my soul!

Leeann said...

I'm thankful for my family, especially my great boys. I'm thankful for good quilting friends and the retreat I'm going on this weekend Yay! and of course I'm very grateful for winning the patterns :-)

Patchwork and Play said...

We certainly have a lot to be grateful for...we do live in the 'Lucky Country'!!

Salley said...

I am really thankful for 4 healthy kids...the youngest turned 18 last week...so my job of getting them through 26 continuous years of school, with no real traumas or tragedy, finally done. Yay!
Your stitching group sounds happy and supportive. Lovely!

Oops-Lah said...

That is so true what you said about how thankful you are to be a quilter. Because it does open doors to meet interesting and like minded people. For me it has been a life line throughout our years as expats in different countries in Asia. It was always one of my first actions when I arrived in a new country (or even before) to look for a quilt group. And when there wasn't one, I had no choice but to start one. And you know what; quilters are truly the nicest people around.

pandchintz said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. Quilting groups are very special. So many of us are grateful for quilting and the friends it has brought into our lives. Long Live Quilting!!

Traffic Pulse India said...

You realize thus considerably when it comes to this matter, made me personally believe it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved until it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always care for it up!
Traffic Light Poles