Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Boxing Day Blocks

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday! All our family are two states away so we can't see them, we do miss them so much! But we had a lovely day with good friends instead. Before Christmas I received my beautiful Amitie stash in the mail...


I adore that blue elephant, might have to get a little more of that one! The Liberty stash from Amitie is always mouthwatering...


...the elysian liberty is one of my favourite prints but I didn't have it in this beautiful yellow colourway, yum!


But what am I working on at the moment? More wonderful Green Tea and Sweet Beans blocks. Some lovely, hand pieced pinwheels...


I do enjoy sitting in front of the cricket on a summers day with some light stitching to do. Fun applique.


This pattern is now available from Amitie here.

I've also discovered Instagram (thanks Jen), and am a little hooked on it (hoping they don't change their terms!), just thought I'd show a few of the photo's I have been taking over there!

 Gorgeous yarn bombing in Mornington

 Yachts at Hastings

Amazing twisted tree roots at Phillip Island

If you instagram let me know I will come and find you!! xo

13 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful, colorful fabrics. BEAUTIFUL blocks! Nice pics :D

Oops-Lah said...

What fun pix from Instagram! And your blocks are divine, as always.

Nifty Quilts said...

Looks like you're going to have lots of fun in the new year! Love your flowers on the newsprint.

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas Cathy!!!

Love all those fabrics from Amitie.

Your blocks look great!

Jenny M said...

Merry .Christmas and I hope you are enjoying some lazy days. I love Boxing day and the days following, as I have time off and they are slow lazy days. Your instagram photos are great.

Kellie said...

Dang! I am not allowed to start my Tea until I finish up a couple of others but your pics are making it hard! Oh, and Amitie has the blue elephant fabric in a completely luscious orange too (which I may own 1m of)...

Valerie said...

I'm re_engineered on Instagram. I'd love to follow you!

Sandra B said...

I'm loving all the bright colours and those blocks are lovely.

Amanda said...

Love the stash building fabric. I need to get rid of some of my stash before I sign up for any more of these clubs (I did join Material Obsessions late last year). It is amazing the different fabrics that different shops hold, even if it is just different colour ways. I think they are great ways to get you out of colour comfort zone.

pandchintz said...

Nice fabrics and very cute blocks!

Shocking Hocking said...

love your photos cathy - great shots....and ooh, that fabric - all of it - covet, covet, covet.....

Nanette Merrill said...

I have this book and i'm wanting to make these blocks. Yours are fabulous.

Willit Neverend said...

I love the yarn tree. One of these days I've got to get around to a little yarn bombing.