I do apologise for my slight hibernation at this time of the year. I find in the crazy season, I tend to lie low a little!! I do have a couple of my Kim McLean Flower Garden blocks to show...
and this one...
I have been using the needleturn method to applique these blocks and the many, many branches on this block proved an interesting challenge. In the end I decided to use the front basting method to applique these in place. I wrote a small tute for this over on the Glorious Applique blog a long time ago. The link for it is here if you are interested in seeing how this method works.
It made stitching around each branch very easy and I didn't need to juggle thousands of pins. They were also too teeny to glue, so the front basting method worked very well. I would love to know if anyone has a different method to tackle a piece like this?
These blocks are being made up with the majority of fabrics from Keiko Goke's ranges. I have purchased a lot of them from Liza over at Glorious Colour, and she has told me that she is having a sale for these beautiful fabrics. Keiko's fabrics are quite expensive, so coming down from $15.50 to $10 is a great time to grab them. Unfortunately these fabrics are becoming too expensive so this will be the last of them for Liza. Check them all out here.
My Museum Medallion quilt is coming along, a few more borders being added this weekend. It's getting so big I don't know how I will photograph it! This block is one of the corner stars, so sweet!
I will leave you with a photo of my funny Groodle, Millie, quietly pretending she is a cushion!
See you soon. xo