Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week in Pictures #1

While creating is happening around here, sometimes there is not much I can show. I've decided that most Sundays I will show a few of the instagram photo's I have taken during the week. We will see how it goes.

First up is the pic of the most beautifully coloured zippers and little zip accessories I purchased from the wonderful Etsy shop Zipit. I love a rainbow and a rainbow of zippers is no exception!!!


I was given some honeycomb from Em's (Treehouse Textiles) Dad Leo. I find honeycomb to be such a fascination (and the bees who made it of course!!). How insects can work together to make such wonderful and practical structures is amazing. And it looks like a patchwork pattern!


Check out these amazing (and incredibly tasty) cupcakes, they are a work of art in themselves!


Any Doctor Who lover's out there? We love the current Doctor (Matt Smith) because he reminds us of our eldest son Josh! Complete with bowtie, though I am still trying to find where he is parking the tardis.


Lastly is a photo I took when down on the beach with friends last night. I adore living on the Mornington Peninsula, the scenery is always beautiful, no matter what the weather is doing. The sunset last night was a stunnner, throwing wonderful colours onto the orange/red cliff face. Can you spy the moon?


I hope you have a wonderful week. It can be fun to see some of your life in pictures! xo

22 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

That's funny, I did a similar post today too! The zips are great! Are the zipper pulls from the same shop? They are gorgeous!

Kathie said...

great pictures, you could show the fabrics your using in your "secret" project!
Kathie

Carin Wijnand said...

mmmm....... cupcakes :) And the zippers collection ...beautiful, almost a waste to use them ;)

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely pictures of your week. Just looked at the Zipit Etsy shop and it's a bit like a zipper candy shop, isn't it? And you have your very own Dr Who!

Quiltjane said...

I want those zippers. I am always looking for the right colour for my cushions. Your boy does look like Dr who or a young sherlock

Salley said...

Such a cheery post! Thankyou. Those zipper colours ae so saturated. Yum!

Nedra said...

all lovely colors,especially the sunset

Anna said...

first of all...zippers scare me. Bees rock! I could eat the cupcakes...all boys have bed hair, even after a shower and the beach photo is to die for!

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Wow! Your son really does look like Dr Who!

Dee said...

Love tha you share a slice of your world with us!

Danielle said...

Love following your pics on Instagram Cathy! Have a great week xx

Nyla said...

Enjoyed your little photo essay, it was fun!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for the zip link, I use to use a Craftumi shop in australia but she isn't in business any more and I love having the right coloured zip when I am ready to create so have been looking for a shop that sells lots of different colours and sizes, think I might have to order a zip or 2 and some of those zip pulls are coming to my place as well.

Sara said...

Amazing picture of the peninsula - wow!

Pip said...

Glorious sunset photo, and yes I can see the moon. Honeycomb is amazing (and delicious) I always wonder how the bees can get it so symmetrical.

Jessie said...

We love Dr Who too, especially Matt Smith! What a dashing young son you have!

Janet said...

Great photos, I already have Zipit bookmarked.
I didn't even know Dr Who was still going, lol.

Jean said...

Wonderful pictures... Dr.Who! Who knew that he was your own son... wonder of wonders! LOL... We had a lesson just last week about bees. A lady was saying that 1 bee makes only 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in it's lifetime. I can't even fathom that amount. They sure are busy working so hard at some a wonderful outcome.
Thank you for sharing your pictures.

Jake said...

Zipit sells the best zippers! And she will glady put together custom orders for you! Best prices, fastest shipping and totally great customer service! Can't wait to see your projects!

Jake said...

Check out zipit on etsy...most length zippers are $.75 or less! And a free zipper pull too! She has great selection and very good customer service...will gladly do custom orders as well!

Jake said...

Oh...zippers scared me until I tried them! Go to Anna Grahams Noodlehead blog and do one of the zipper tutorials (I recommend the open wide pouch) and you will be in love with zippers! I am for sure thanks to Annas tutes!

Willit Neverend said...

It's funny you should mention that the honey comb looks like a patchwork pattern, because I am in the process of making my very first quilt and my goal has been to try to recreate a beehive in patchwork form.

I also love Dr. Who. Your son has style.