Monday, March 18, 2013

A Wonderful Surprise

What an amazing surprise turned up at my door last week. Keiko Goke (amazing Japanese quilt creator, fabric designer and author) sent me a large pile of her divine, incredibly bright and sassy fabrics, all the way from Japan!


Not only that Keiko generously included her book...'All My Thanks and Love to Quilts'...written in English!


I didn't even know it came in English, but it does now, as well as French, Taiwanese and Chinese. I have often pored over Keiko's beautiful designs and now I can read her instructions yay.


You can purchase the English version here. And be inspired by Keiko's creations on her colourful blog here. In the recent past I have used Keiko's fabrics in this quilt...

Quilt based on Kim McLean's Flower Garden quilt 
using mainly Keiko Goke fabrics.

And was inspired by Keiko's stunning Heart Quilt on the cover of her book to make my own miniature version in sea glass colours for my sister....


What am I going to do with these amazing fabrics? I have a plan, you will have to wait and see!!! Check out the gorgeous rainbow outside my window this morning.


We have had the hottest summer I can remember and finally the weather has broken and we are cool again with some lovely rain. Ahh, what a relief!! xo

25 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh what a special surprise for just the right person Cathy! I can't wait to see what you will create!

Jess said...

Oh how beautiful! I'm with Mary, can't wait to see your creation :o)

Carla said...

Beautiful little quilt. I am off to check out her blog ; )

Salley said...

Hooley Dooley...I bet your brain is in overdrive and I cant wait to see what eventuates. . . . very very special fabrics. Have fun!

Donna~~ said...

My oh my! What a wonderful surprise! (That is a great book--so many lovely ideas in it!)

Catherine said...

Oh lucky you. Love her designs and I'm sure her fabrics are stunning. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for them Cathy :-)

Nedra said...

Wow. I know you have been a big fan of her beautiful fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what you will be doing with your samples.

Teje Karjalainen said...

What a wonderful surprise, Cathy! So beautiful fabrics and the book is surely great! x Teje

Pip said...

How lucky are you, can't wait to see what you make with those gorgeous fabrics. I had just ordered that book yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive now.

meli B said...

You are so lucky. Love her fabrics. I saw a rainbow too this morning. It was so vibrant and the whole arch. By the time I stopped to take a photo, half had disappeared. Hooray for the rain.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

How wonderful for you to receive such a nice present! I love her book and have it but not the English version. Still it is filled with inspiration!

Cardygirl said...

What a wonderful treat for you...it could not have gone to a better home...have fun!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful fabrics and a very thoughtful package. I love your seaglass hearts.

Julierose said...

Well, we've had the snowiest, coldest Winter I can recall in years here in the States! I just ordered that book--can't wait to get it! Thanks for the link...Love that little heart piece!! Have a great week...Julierose

Christine said...

I love seeing again the quilt you made with her fabrics and can't wait to see what you make next. I have her book on my wishlist now and I am off to look at her website. Thank you!

ktquilts said...

What a lovely gift!! Glad it is cooling down for you. Wish some of that hot air could be sent this way. Winter has been too long!

ktquilts said...

What a lovely gift!! Glad it is cooling down for you. Wish some of that hot air could be sent this way. Winter has been too long!

CathyK said...

Wow!! Lucky you! I can't wait to see what you create with that beautiful fabric selection!

Archie the wonder dog said...

What a lovely surprise! I love your mini!

Annie said...

We had lovely rainbows yesterday too. Gorgeous fabrics...lucky you!

Jenny M said...

Bet your mind is in overdrive now that you have received those beautiful fabrics!

pandchintz said...

Wow! Lucky girl! Can't wait to see what you have in store for them. Off to check out keiko's book.....

Jan Baker said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky girl. 3bakergirlsgo@gmail.com

fiberchick said...

Those fabrics couldn't go to a more deserving artist!

Carla said...

How fun for you...I'm excited to see what you do with that pretty fabric. BTW, I love the blue and white dishes....I collect it as well!