Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week in Pictures #2

Is anyone else feeling that the weeks don't have quite as many days in them as they used to? Or are our days being run with less hours? Another week has flown by so fast. I only have a few photo's to show a little of mine...


Some rather beautiful (and slightly picasa'd!) succulents that welcome me home each day in our front garden. They are such happy plants!


A lovely day spent with Emma and Sarah at Treehouse Textiles last week. Check out their new Day in the Country fabrics. Delicious! The girls are having an open day at the Treehouse this Saturday (9th March) from 9:30am until 4pm if you would love to see these beautiful fabrics for yourself!


Gorgeous little red and white polka dot pencil case given to me by a very special friend from interstate who stayed with us this week. Isn't it divine?


A little work being done on my Green Tea and Sweet Beans blocks. I bought these blocks as a bom about 4 years ago, it is so lovely to be finally making them up. They are so addictive!!! If you want to find the pattern, it's by Jen Kingwell at Amitie, here. The blocks above are called propellers. I guess you can see why!!! The block below is Berry Basket. I adore that texty background.


And yet another photo of Millie! Just hanging out while we caught up with our visitor.


What has been happening in your world this week? xo

13 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Love your propeller blocks!
Did you stitch them by hand or machine?

Deb said...

Looks fabulous Cathy - reminds me I have this in pieces somewhere!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love your propeller blocks...and Millie!

Mystica said...

Love the photos especially the one of Millie!

Donna~~ said...

Your blocks are sorely tempting me to start on the Green Tea quilt--looks like such fun! I do love your text background!

Sue said...

Your posts are always so bright and cheery. I love your propeller blocks

Carla said...

I stumbled upon the green tea quilt on someone's blog and was instantly smitten. I would love to duplicate it so am gathering fabrics. Look forward to seeing your progress

Cynthia@aquilterbynight said...

Beauty all around in your photos. Is Millie poodle or maybe part poodle? She looks so much like our Molly who is happy back in the states with friends while we live in Japan - we miss her! Your fabric choices are wonderful.

Nifty Quilts said...

Love your propellors and appliqué. Your pooch looks like a sweet companion too.

Janet said...

I love your blocks. I had my fab stash parcel from Amitie today so I've been fondling it. It's been so very wet here but great for a bit of quilting.

Dee said...

so much fun! feelin' the doggie luv from Millie! lol

pandchintz said...

Great photos - love the pencil case!!

Julie Nava said...

The mini heart quilt is gorgeous, lovely colours. Millie is such a cute name for a pet, I have a cat called Millie.