Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week in Pictures #3

It's been over a month since my last week in pictures!!! Here is a little of what has been happening around here lately...we had a lovely few days with friends in Anglesea over Easter, this wonderful old timber fence sitting along the beach draws me everytime, I just adore the old wood and beautiful rust marks from years of wear...



Back in 2010 I hung a quilt off that fence...remember this one?

 (Kim McLean pattern called Hearts and Flowers)

Alas, this year I didn't have a quilt ready to hang there!!!

There is a lovely little gift/florist shop there that had created a wonderful welcome as you enter...totally made out of buttons! How clever...


When we got home we finally got our old dining room chairs fixed up...all it took was a good staple gun, an hour or two, and a lovely home dec fabric from Ty Pennington....Before...and After....!


So happy with the result.


I am also still working on my Green Tea and Sweet Beans blocks from Amitie. (I cannot wait for their new bom to be released!). Two drunkards paths blocks...



And a sweet poppie block...


The blocks in this quilt are so addictive and I'm finding a lot of new friends in the instagram world who are slowly working away at these blocks too. How about you, what are you working on this week? xo

22 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely blocks you've been making again! I really love the colours and fabric you are using. And what a clever way to use buttons.

Patchwork and Play said...

When I first saw the drunkard's path blocks I thought you were doing another border of the Museum Medallion!!! That's all I seem to be doing at the moment! They are fun to make though!

Stephanie said...

I heart the button welcome sign. I just may have enough buttons to make one. :o)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty blocks! love that fence

Quiltefia said...

I`m quilting my green tea sweet beans quilt today!! I`m done with the sawing and I have it in the frame. I`m doing a combination of machinequilting and handquilting. And everything turn up great!! Happy sunday! Anne:-)

Quiltjane said...

Beautiful Photos Cathy. I am loving your Amitie blocks.

Nedra said...

What a difference in the re-do of your chairs. Love your fabric choice. and the sweet poppie block is so bright and happy!

Nifty Quilts said...

I don't know how I got so behind on your blog. Your last three posts are full of your joyous, inspiring color. I'm so happy for you with the gift from Keiko. You really honor her fabrics so beautifully. And your new furniture is just divine! The button sign is so fun too. Thank you for your constant inspiration!

Julierose said...

Loving that Poppy Block!! And wouldn't that fence be great in a landscape quilt--Julierose

Elita en Suisse said...

What fun pictures! I love the Ty Pennington fabric on your chairs. Very summery looking and perfect near the beach. The button sign is adorable too. I can only imagine how many buttons that would take. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Crispy said...

Wonderful photos!! I look forward to seeing your finished quilt :0)

Crispy - who is knitting and blocking finished knitted items this week.

Annie said...

I love that button sign!

the running chicken quilting said...

I have just completed all the blocks and ready to work on the borders....but it has been two years and counting I'm afraid!!! I just love this quilt..lenjoy the journey!! Best wishes...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful photos...love what you have done with the chairs, gorgeous block..

Carla said...

Great photos, Cathy. I especially love the button message!

Michelle Huddleston said...

Today I have a three hour (each way) drive to a doctors appointment, but I'm hitting the ground running tomorrow with the sewing! Your blocks are amazing...

pandchintz said...

Your chairs look great!! There's so much repurposing going on at your place - the family better watch out or they may get repurposed too! Cute blocks.

audrey said...

Great chairs and lovely amitie project! Love the poppy!

Cardygirl said...

Great pics Cathy. Love your "new" chairs and also great to see the progress of those cute blocks. I have signed up for the new BOM and am really looking forward to it.

jean said...

Lovely post Cathie I love the wooden fence so weathered and knarly . Your jockey cap blocks look wonderful, they are very addictive.

Nic said...

Love the fence, and the buttons, and the chair... :)

Bev said...

Just found your lovely blog! I'm working on the Green Tea and Sweet Beans block too! I just finished the whirly gig block. I agree with you...it's fun! Love your blog!

Cheery wave from
Bev