Thursday, May 30, 2013

May!


"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, 
summer an oil painting 
and autumn a mosaic of them all."
-   Stanley Horowitz

I do love the month of May! With the days getting shorter, the nights becoming cooler and the trees in all their rich, autumn glory. 


The past few weeks have been a blur of creating, visiting patchwork shops, a fabulous weekend away and meeting friends. The launching and currently full BOM Citrus Sweet Love designed by Emma, Sarah and I...


A couple of trips to Amitie of course and meeting lovely friends....

L-R) Judy (a very fine house), Lucy (amitie girl) 
Louise (lululollylegs), Jen (amitie textiles), me! 

with some lovely fabrics purchased and swooned over! I even spied some of Jen Kingwell's new patterns (a terribly blurry photo taken by me, ooops!)...


and Jen's new BOM Bring Me Flowers received in the mail...these first blocks are almost stitched ready to show!


A wonderful parcel all the way from England containing Michael Oakshott's new range of Oakshotts...Impressions. Aren't they divine? I will be making something up with these delicious fabrics soon.


Then to top it all off, last weekend my gorgeous stitch group and I took off for Ballarat! What a time we had (and I will try not to make you too jealous!). Seven of us stayed here (Evandale a place we can highly recommend if you are looking to stay in Ballarat for a few days!)...


...two doors away from Ballarat Patchwork!! It was so lovely to see Emma again and even though she is selling her wonderful shop, I know she will still be creating. Oh I would love to buy that place, alas, it is a little far away for me!!

Yes, that is money ready to spend in my hot little hands!!

I was privileged to meet two girls I had met on instagram here, Deb and Katrina, the world is such a small place! Next a visit to Morgan in her gorgeous 'take you back to your childhood' shop Crafty Squirrel, and coffee at Such N Such where more money was spent! A little walk beside the lake to catch a lovely sunset before a fun evening of a lot of food, laughter and even a little stitching!


Next day was on to Ballan and a visit to an amazingly well stocked Millrose Cottage. It was such a wonderful surprise to run into good friends Lizzie and Meredithe and Glenda as well as meeting another instagram friend, Bernadette. 


Phew, what a time! Tomorrow I'm teaching my free motion quilting class at Treehouse Textiles which I'm really looking forward to. So that about wraps up my month of May. I will leave you with a picture of a sound barrier wall on one of the highways in Melbourne (don't ask me where, I'm hopeless with directions!). I thought the colour and design was really eye catching!

11 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Such a cheerful post Cathy and an awesome weekend!!

Love the Citrus Sweet Love quilt! Will there be a pattern available in the future?

Happy days!

Oops-Lah said...

I too love Autumn and I love your picture of the tree with the blue sky. I miss the Australian Autumns; the colours are always so magnificent. It seems there's never a boring day in your life, is there?

Patchwork and Play said...

Not quite an Autumn day today though! Looks like you are having enough fun for all of us!

Kathie said...

busy busy busy, can't wait to see your flowers from the new b o m!
Kathie

Dee said...

Oh how much fun! I'm so happy that you got to have a lovely month! You deserve it. Thanks for sharing the photos! I was at my LQS here in Indiana and a clerk there and I were talking about the new Kaffe fabric and I asked her if she ever read your blog...her eyes went wide and she said, "Oh I love Cathy!" LOL The world is a very small place!

Nedra said...

You really have had some fun travels going on! And fun projects, too!

Karen said...

What a fun post. Looks like you had a ball!

Deezebra said...

Thought I might find you here, sinc you haven't been hanging out on Instagram much the last couple of days. What a great month May was, looking forward to June too, even though it brings Winter with it. Loved the seasonal quote BTW. Beautiful photos on your blog as always!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I constantly forget about our opposite seasons, but I love the surprise each time I remember it. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful autumn trip. :)

pandchintz said...

It was such a surprise and treat to see you at Millrose!! You've certainly had a lovely time of late!

Melody said...

Hi Cathy, Just found your wonderful blog and I love it.